Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Find Your Phone App

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I would love to see Find Your Phone added to the Ionic App Store.

Moderator edit: added tag

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

@JEH876, you may want to visit the Feature Suggestions Forum an vote for that suggestion there:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Find-my-phone/idi-p/2191559

Best Answer

Hey guys, I was having an issue with the watch not having a find phone feature but I made a neat work around.  Thought I would share it all with you because it's really handy.

If you set up switchr and then install the app on your phone you can actually make your own find phone button.

Get the IFTT app on your phone.

Set up a new applet.

Use the trigger webhook and the action call phone. Make sure you're using your own number.

Go to services on IFTT and go to webhook. Find your key.

In the fitbit app go to the switchr settings and add a new button.

Make the url:

https://maker.ifttt.com/trigger/{event}/with/key/{key}

Make sure you make the event the one you made and the key you got from webhook.

If you want, use switchr to make a button that turns volume to max.

Then you can call your phone from your watch.

Thanks.

Best Answer

Hey Jogger,

Great idea but having some trouble and hoping you can fill in the blanks for me:

On IFTT > New Applet > +if This > Webhooks > Choose Trigger > Receive a Web Request > here is where is gets a little foggy for me. What is the "Event Name"? I put in "find_my_phone" and then went to: +that > now what?  Do I choose "Phone Call (Us Only)" or "VoIP Calls" then what do I do?  I downloaded to Switchr app to fitbit and copy and pasted the URL I thought it was but got nothing.  Also, what the heck does this mean "Make sure you make the event the one you made and the key you got from webhook."...anyway, if not too much trouble maybe you can do a step by step like ">" above in both the IFTT app and the switchr app. If too much trouble, no worries, and thanks in advance.

Best Answer

How has no one thanked you for this suggestion.

Thank you for this while FitBit figures it out!

Best Answer

Welcome on board @Korinn, it's nice to have a new member here! It seems that @JEH876 and @Rogers28277 offered you a good response in order to solve the questions and doubts with your post. If this was the information you were looking for, I invite you to make one of those posts as the solution for your previous post. Highlighting the solution may be discovered more easily by other community member's facing the same questions or issues as you. You can read more about Accepted Solutions here

Let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you ever get a step by step how to accomplish this? Im lost

Best Answer
0 Votes
No. I gave up. I use my iPad if I need to find my phone. Good luck.

-Craig
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Rogers28277 and @JdzMomma! Thanks for sharing your ideas for new apps for Fitbit watches.

I think your idea is great. I was making some research and was able to find this idea asking for the same:

Please cast a vote for this idea and leave a comment to show support for it. Different kinds of developers often check this board to get idea to work on. So, this is for sure the best place to make this request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer