Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Kindle fire as a supported device

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I like to see Fitbit app on the Kindle fire. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

I like to see Fitbit app on my Kindle fire. Because I got new kindle fire for my birthday and it is 10" screen. I like to see bigger screen and easy to use. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Paulyd2021  Fitbit works on iOS or Android. The Amazon Fire tablet uses the Fire OS, which is not a true Android version. 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Odyssey13 FireOS is based on AOSP so it's definitely a true Android version (more true than several phones heavily customized such as Xiaomi, Asus and even Samsung). What FireOS differs from the Fitbit supported version is the lack of GPS (Google Play Service) and in particularly it lacks the Play Store.

@Paulyd2021 online you can find several tutorial how to add GPS (and therefore Play Store) on your Kindle Fire OS. You should then be able to install Fitbit. 

I've never tried by myself so I can't guarantee it will work. From what I read I'm sure the app will be run but there could be some sync issues with your tracker (i had mixed comments online). In case you could use your phone for syncing and then the app of your new Kindle to use the Fitbit app functions (data viewing, workouts and so on)

Best Answer