Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barcodes by Terry

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I downloaded Barcodes (by Terry) so that I do not have to carry my gym pass with me.  I went into settings and named the barcode, selected a color, but the encoding only allows three options...1. Auto Detect., 2. Code-128, and 3. Code-39.  I have no idea what these three options are for, but I was under the impression that I need to enter my 6 digit code of the barcode of my gym membership card, but there is no spot to input that number.  How am I supposed to configure this? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
31 REPLIES 31

Turn up the Fitbit brightness to max.

My barcodes work at Giant grocery (hand scanner only), Harris Teeter
grocery (hand scanner only) and BJ's.  They don't work at Wegmans
grocery or Costco.

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey Charles. I did that on the Barcodes app but it still doesn't work. Is
there another place to turn up the display on the Fitbit itself? Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Scroll over to Settings and tap Brightness.

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Forums @friedchix! Have you tried what @CADAVER suggested? Open the Settings app ( ) and tap a setting to adjust it. Swipe up to see the full list of settings:

settingsIonic.png

Give this a go and let us know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

@friedchix wrote:
Hey Charles. I did that on the Barcodes app but it still doesn't work. Is
there another place to turn up the display on the Fitbit itself? Thanks!

Maybe your Fitbit brightness is already at it's maximum? Is it bright in a dark room?

Are you testing the Barcodes app with "increase screen brightness" turned "on" and do you have at least one barcode set up? The "increase screen brightness" function only works when you have at least one barcode set up.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi EmTe. Yes, I have 2 barcodes set up. I found where to turn the
brughtness up to max. I also set the brightness on the codes to max but
still no joy. Tried it again at the library and the grocery store. Thanks
for the reply!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for trying the tips and recommendations provided @friedchix! Since you have still no joy with this, I'd highly recommend getting in touch with the developer of Barcodes. In order to do so, please follow what I've posted here.

Ping me out if you need further assistance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I need the app to download where do I find it

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Shatuk and welcome to the forums!  You can find the barcode app in the Fitbit app on your phone. Open the app. Tap the account icon, then Versa or Ionic, depending what you have. One of your choices is apps. You can take it from there. There are a lot of interesting apps. Have fun exploring. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What do you mean by auto-detect ? 
I don’t see that option. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @A.kansal - I’m not sure which post you are referring to or exactly what your question is referencing. If you could offer more information, I’d be happy to try to help. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do i contact Terry the developer of barcodes and ask for an update so the app works for the fitbit sense... only the first barcode shows, the new sense cuts off the up and down arrows so I can't get to my other barcodes. 

Best Answer
0 Votes