Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Log into Spotify

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there

My Versa 3 keeps telling me to open Spotify in the mobile app. I have looked for it but can find where to open it at. Any suggestions on what to do?

Thank you so much

Joanie 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Joanie5 - To use Spotify at all it will have to run as an App on your phone, so you will need to download it to your phone.

Once on the phone you can use your watch Music controls to operate it with the following advantages.

• Music controls can run in parallel with any clock face or app - Spotify Controls can't
  • Music controls can change the volume - Spotify Controls can't
  • Music controls is free - Spotify Controls requires premium even to be able to use it
  • Versa 3 can't have Spotify music loaded on the watch [you always need a phone]
  • Music controls works at times when Spotify controls doesn't
  • Spotify site doesn't mention the Sense and Versa 3 as supported devices.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have Spotify on my phone I just can't get it to play on my Versa3. If I understand you correctly I won't be able to play music through my Versa3. Which is fine but I was trying to figure out why it keeps telling me to open the app. Is there a way for it not to ask me to open the Spotify app?

Thank-you so much for your quick response.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Joanie5  - before worrying about Spotify on the Versa 3, start Spotify on the phone then use Music controls to operate it.

Music controls is often reached by double button press, if not configure it to one of the 4 shortcuts in the watch Settings.

Your issue may be related to not having Spotify Premium, or not having logged in to Spotify in the Fitbit App, Gallery and Spotify App settings.

If you don't have Spotify Premium, or even if you do, frankly don't bother with it on the watch.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes