Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clock Face Won't Update with Selected Settings (Format)

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Clock face settings in the Fitbit app are not updating on my Versa.

Earlier today, I decided to change my clock face. When I selected the new face, everything worked as expected and the new face was installed to my Versa. However, none of my selections within my clock face settings in the Fitbit app are updating on my Versa. For example: if the default time setting is 24h and I change this to 12h in the settings, the time on the Versa will still appear in 24h format. This failure to update clock face settings holds true for all options and across multiple watch faces from different developers. I have tried restarting the Versa, disconnecting/reconnecting bluetooth, and resyncing with the Fitbit app. All other data such as heart rate and steps sync with the app without issues.

Any suggestions?

Versa Firmware Version 32.32.10.15

Fitbit Android App Version 2.77

Pixel 2XL running Android 9

Update:

I have also now tried:

1. restarting my phone (no success)
  2. updating the WiFi settings (the WiFi setup process generated an error: "An error occurred while trying to obtain the list of configured networks"... so no success)
  3. forgetting Versa in bluetooth settings on phone, then re-adding device (no success)

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Subject for Clarity/Format

JL - A2
Best Answer
0 Votes
15 REPLIES 15

What is the time format setting in your account settings (not the clock app settings)?

Best Answer

It is just checked for "Automatic time zone"

Again:

Zero customizable options in my clock face settings actually change on the Versa. This includes other options like text/background colors, weather updates, show/hide battery, icon placement, etc.

Moderator Edit: Format

JL - A2
Best Answer
0 Votes

@chugalug I hope you're doing well! Thanks for sharing the experience you have had with your clock face.

What clock face are you using? It could be that the problem is with the clock face itself.

Have you tried changing your clock face to another one and check if the issue persists?

@SunsetRunner Thanks for your help on this thread!

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Need help in changing my clock face please. I am stuck with this elegance face that is giving me a message and a code to continue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@fyz0328 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for sharing the experience you are having with your current clock face. I will surely help you out with this.

Please open the Fitbit app and tap or click the Account icon > your device image > Clock Faces > Pick a New Clock.

Note that to update the clock face on your watch, you cannot have more than 38 apps installed.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have been having the same issue for past couple months also. I am unable to update to ANY of the clock faces. I have tried over 30 different clock faces over past couple months and only get "Clock Error" Go to fitbit mobile app and try another clock. 

I have tried the above offered advise with no resolve. 

Any suggestions?

Best Answer

@jc247 Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for taking the time to share the situation you are experiencing with downloading clock faces to your watch. Thanks for sharing those details.

How many apps do you have installed on your watch? You can have up to 39 apps installed. If you have that amount of apps, so you don't have more than 38 apps installed; try deleting one and then try to download the clock face.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Clock faces not changing in my versa fitbit

Best Answer

Hi did you ever get this resolved? The stream here shows no solutions that seem to work and it is so frustrating - I’m hoping you had some luck in the end !

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the similar issues with my Versa 2: 

1. Clockface settings not being applied after changing the settings.

2. Trouble installing new clockfaces - installation takes very long time or never finishes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had same problem. Then i put Fitbit versa 2 on charger and made changes and that worked!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit ionic with same issue.  Change settings, no change on watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem. My versa is now stuck on clockface for emoji connect with snapchat- it will not return to the same screen. I have had this watch three weeks. looks like it is not quite ready for prime time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This was the issue I was experiencing. Removed an APP and the clock now displays. Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was having the same issue, however once I deleted a few APPs from my watch, it has worked problem free. Here is what I was told and worked for me. (Hope it helps! 🤞🤞)

How many apps do you have installed on your watch? You can have up to 39 apps installed. If you have that amount of apps, so you don't have more than 38 apps installed; try deleting one and then try to download the clock face.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! 

jc247_0-1607709078843.png

Best Answer
0 Votes