Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clock-Fit Support

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I am DrRobin, the creator of Clock-Fit and have started this thread to provide support on Clock-Fit and Clock-Fit-Versa.

Clock-Fit-FW3-screenshot.png

The first post is about setting 12/24 hour mode, please see the following

12/24Hr Mode

When I wrote Clock-Fit I didn't realise that Fitbit's global settings overrides what is set locally, so you can change between 12 and 24 hour mode as follows:

Clock-Fit picks up it's time format from your profile settings, it's towards the bottom of the web page using the following link.

https://www.fitbit.com/settings/profile

You will need to log in, then just set 12 or 24 hour mode and press submit. Now sync your Fitbit with you mobile and the display will change.

Unfortunately, this setting is not available in the iPhone/Android app, so you need to log in to the website to make the change.

Email or post if you have any questions.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Could you please tell me the meaning of the steps color change?   I just noticed it today for the first time.  I get the heart percentage color change, but not the steps so much.   Could you please just let me know at what percentage that the color change occurs.  

I really like this clock face.  My favorite to date!!!

Thank you!!

Mike

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
173 REPLIES 173

Fitbit Pay & Clock-Fit problems

I have been informed by one user that following a firmware update of an Ionic Fitbit Pay doesn't work when Clock-Fit is installed.  I can't think of anything in Clock-Fit which would cause this, but as it was compiled for SDK V1.0 and Fitbit are now on SDK V3.0 I have re-compiled Clock-Fit to the latest version.

The latest version is in Beta test so if you are having problems please contact me for a private link.

Best Answer

A re-compile didn't fix the problems with Fitbit Pay, so I won't submit the new version just yet.

If you are having other problems with Clock-Fit then post a message here or send me a mail and I will send you the [private] link.

Clock-Fit is and always will be free.  I am an independant developer and don't make any money from Clock-Fit, I wrote Clock-Fit as it was the clock face I wanted and thought others might like it too.  Post a message if you like Clock-Fit, or post a message if you don't.  It would be great to see who is using Clock-Fit.

Robin

Best Answer

hello,

i m also a devlopper, i did a face clock also.

it was working fine since the new update...

since the new update, the clock is almost working good, but the today app is not working correctly!

i did a recompile with new SDK, but Nothing better...

if you have any news about what could lock the other part of device because of our clock!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Could you please tell me the meaning of the steps color change?   I just noticed it today for the first time.  I get the heart percentage color change, but not the steps so much.   Could you please just let me know at what percentage that the color change occurs.  

I really like this clock face.  My favorite to date!!!

Thank you!!

Mike

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Mike,

The steps colour change is based on a percentage of your daily goal, it starts off white, to 50% (I think) and then goes through yellow, orange and red as you get close to your goal.  Once you hit your goal, it goes green.  The step count and percentage (of goal) both change.

i had a Blaze and this had a coloured circle which did the same, so thought I would replicate it.

Hope that helps.

Robin

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your quick response!! I really like your clock face,
especially the font, it’s very simple and unique.

Thanks again!
Mike

PS. Please keep me posted if you create other faces!!!
--
Sent from Mike’s iPhone 7+
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Mike,

Sadly my day job has got in the way of all Fitbit app/clock face development.  I was writing an update to Clock-Fit but haven't done anything on it for about 10 months now, pretty much the same for my navigation app 'Waypoints'.

Best wishes for the holiday. 

Robin

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbitpay now does work with this wonderful clock face. I believe in the end, it was a Fitbit UAI issue.  Fitbit eventually fixed it and I was able to use your clock face again. I’m so sorry I didn’t update this thread sooner.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is excellent news Robyn, I am so glad it is working for you.

I hope you are coping with the heat and don’t have any fires where you are.

Happy New Year.

Robin

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do I get clock fit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Clock-fit is in the Fitbit gallery under watch faces.  On your mobile, select your Ionic or Versa, click on Clock Faces, click on All Clocks, press the find icon (magnifying glass, top right) and then enter clock-fit.  Trying to find it manually takes ages.

Robin

Best Answer

Hi,

When I first got my Fitbit Versa I found this amazing clockface that was developed by Pradeek and which was called "all you need" :

IMG_20200324_221547.jpg

After a while of using it I changed it up for a different look, but recently I thought about it again. Unfortunately when I went to search for it in the gallery it has disappeared and it turns out the developer has made it private. However, if you google google the name, you can still access the page an download it but it turns out the weather has stopped working.

So Pradeek, if you read this could you please fix the weather? Maybe you can change the source so it fetches from api/openweathermap? Or if there is anyone elso who can make a watchface like this, please let me know.

I'm really bummed that I can't use it anymore. I absolutely loved the sleek design of the watchface, although it still had everything in at one glance

From top left to right: steps, calories, distance, stairs, analog time and digital time in the center, weather and elevation (ideal for hiking) + heartbeat on the bottom. The bottom elevation was changeable into battery percentage as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Robin, I couldn’t find how to start a new thread, so I’m replying here. I love your app by the way. The percent of steps has locked up at 1%. It worked fine up until a few days ago. Any idea how to unfreeze it?  

Thank you,

Rick

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi DrRobin,

It appears as though your clockface is strikingly similar if not almost the same as my clockface which has been in the catalog for years. You could have just downloaded my clockface Neurotic or MyPhotoFace and even had the added feature to change the background to a photo from your phone. I find it quite interesting how similar they are in appearance. What are the odds of that happening?

Best Answer
0 Votes

rrjr777, I am not really sure what point you are trying to make here other than a plug for your clock faces? 

Clock-Fit has also been in the catalog for years, I was one of the early developers to download and use the SDK when it was released in July 2018 and I developed Clock-Fit to make the detail as big as possible for me to read without my glasses, it was uploaded in Autumn 2018.  Back then there was only the Ionic you could develop watch faces for, the Versa hadn't come out.  There was nothing like it at the time, believe me I checked in the App gallery, perhaps you saw Clock-Fit and decided to use some of the ideas in your clock faces? 

There are several key differences between Clock-Fit and your faces:

- The font is larger on Clock-Fit and it has a clear un-cluttered style so it is easily readable;

- I change the colour of the font when you reach certain levels (oh no, just given you another free idea);

- I provide free support by email or through these web pages;

- Clock-Fit is and always will be free.

Best of luck with your faces, they are not for me, I use Clock-Fit on my Ionic and Versa for free.

Best Answer

Actually you missed a few key differences.

1) I searches the catalog and did not find anything like Neurotic or MyPhotoFace.

2) My clockfaces work and don’t ever require any support so you won’t find any open issues or threads discussing problems.

3) All is my goals change color and are configurable in settings by the user, so they can choose the colors they want. 

4) You get what you pay for.

5) Don’t be mad, be Happy, yours is free so everyone in the community appreciates your generosity, mine do have many more features and therefor I invested quite a lot of hours making sure they work on all device platforms.

I was just surprised to find such a similar looking ideas, I’m fine with my products and my customers are too. 

Appreciate your reply, was not expecting that response but good luck to you anyway. Believe me when I searched there was nothing that remotely behaved, looked, or offered the features that My clockfaces have.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Your first post pretty much accused me of copying your clock faces, so come on then when did you add Neurotic or MyPhotoFace to the gallery, how many years ago?  Clock-Fit was uploaded and approved on 9th Feb 2018, at the time all clock faces and apps were free as there was no way of charging through the Fitbit App gallery.  I am not sure where July 2018 came from, perhaps that was the second version of the SDK when K-Pay and charging came in.

I am not mad, I am happy, I don't write Fitbit clock faces and apps to make money, I have a well paid day job to do that.  I write clock faces and apps because it is something I want and it doesn't exist on Fitbit at the time of writing.  I support them and add features if someone requests something I think fits and have the time to do it, that is what this thread was started for, yes by me, to provide support and future enchancements, not by someone else with problems.  I have another thread for my other app, again started by me to provide support and instructions on how to use the app.

Anyway we are getting off topic now, this thread is about Clock-Fit, not about clock faces in general.

Best Answer

I apologize if you took it as an accusation, it was an inquiry, we apparently have quite a coincidence since I also started developing my apps upon initial release of SDK. Good luck to you I wish you the best!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

Starting from today Clock-Fit has under-gone some changes:

- The Ionic version gets Calories added to the screen (suggested by Angel) and is also re-compiled under SDK 4.2 (you might need to update).

- The Versa version gets Calories and Distance added to the screen and is also re-compiled under SDK 4.2 (you might need to update).

- A new version compiled for the Sense/Versa 3 (suggested by Mark) and is compiled under SDK 5.0.

The Versa version is live now in the Gallery, the Ionic should be live soon and the Sense in a couple of days.

*** Calling all Sense users ***, I don't have a Sense so built it on the simulator, if you run it on a Sense and find a problem, please get in touch.

Some things don't change, it is still easy to read, gives you your key stats, supported and is free.  Support is provided from our world wide support centre in rural Northumberland, UK.  Keep using Clock-Fit and keep the suggestions flowing.  E.g. does anyone want distance in place of target on the Ionic?  Or how about a coloured line to show target?

Robin.

Best Answer
0 Votes