Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clock face do not show without tap or button click

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The screen is dark if i don't click or tap multiple times is this normal? My Surge or charge 2 show time when wrist is facing me.

Moderator edit: added label

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

press the home button, slide once left to right, touch "screen wake" until it says "Auto"

press home again.

Now hold up and rotate your wrist toward you - quick view working?

If not, hold the left and bottom right buttons at the same time for about 10 secs (until your Ionic vibrates)

When the clock face comes up quick view should be restored if still in Auto mode.

Let us know how it goes @DallasMac, welcome to forums and congrats!

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

press the home button, slide once left to right, touch "screen wake" until it says "Auto"

press home again.

Now hold up and rotate your wrist toward you - quick view working?

If not, hold the left and bottom right buttons at the same time for about 10 secs (until your Ionic vibrates)

When the clock face comes up quick view should be restored if still in Auto mode.

Let us know how it goes @DallasMac, welcome to forums and congrats!

Community Council Member

WmChapman | TX

Ionic, Versa, Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, 3 SE, AltaHR, Flex2, Ace, Aria, iPhoneXR "Every fitbit counts"

Be sure to visit Fitbit help if more help is needed.

Best Answer

No matter how fast or many times I turn my wrist, my Ionic screen is dark. I have to click the button all the time.no good. It's set to be auto. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm gathering by pressing home button, you mean the button on the left, I can press that, but I cant swipe left to right, nothing happens.

I can also reset my ionic by pressing left and bottom right bottoms, it restarts and still nothing happens.  My clock doesn't show unless I tap the screen multiple times are press the left button, moving my wrist towards me doesn't do anything.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the information sharing!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @BNA-Topher, it's nice to see you around! I'd recommend taking a look at: How do I navigate my Fitbit device's screen?. In case you have questions about the buttons on your Fitbit.

If you have any additional questions, let me know.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for that tip, i have had the same problem and it has annoyed me for some time now. It's working perfect again now.

//Peter

Best Answer

Welcome on board @SunsetRunner, it's nice to see a new member around! I'm sorry to hear you had the same problem for some time now. 

Thanks for letting us know the issue was solved and your clock face is working perfect again now. 

Don't hesitate to let us know if you need assistance, we're around! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I could not see a 'Screen wake' that I could Auto it. I goto settings but don't see a Screen wake option that I could change to Auto.

Can you direct me the right way pls?

I always hav trouble seeing the time unless I press the left button or do a tap. 

Thankyou

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, to access the ‘screen awake’ feature in settings on the ionic version you need to hold the single left button down while swiping the screen to the LEFT, not right.  You will get two options, screen awake and notifications.  Tap each one to change from auto to manual for screen awake and on to off etc for notifications.  When done click the single button again to go back to your clock face. hope this helps.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey that was wonderful. You are awesome. I have been trying to get this for
quite some time and am happy finally got it solved. Thanks to you.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there @Radhakrishna, thanks for stopping by. 

I'm glad to hear that @Kclare was able to help you out. 😉 For additional information, see: How do I see the time on my Fitbit device? 

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best Answer

I have similar issue in versa 2. Can you please help? Not able to see clock without pressing the button

Best Answer
0 Votes