Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dont understand walking speed notation.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Like 20'52'' shows in my workout.

What does this mean. I only understand km/h

How should I convert this? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

20 minutes 52 seconds per mile (or km)

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

20 minutes 52 seconds per mile (or km)

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Thank you so much!!

I really couldn't figure it out. This helps a lot. Although it would be nice if the app could also show km/h
Now I always need to calculate. But you can't help that 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

@sterredag   That notation is pace, the inverse of speed.  There are online calculators that will convert pace to speed and are available in metric and imperial distances.  An easy thing to do is learn one or two useful conversions that will help you meet your goal.  The two easy conversions for those who use miles are that a 20' 00" pace is 3 mph and a 15' 00" pace is 4 mph.  Two nice round metric (and very close to the imperial numbers) are a 12' 00" pace is 5 kph and 9' 00" is 6.7 kph.

Fitbit reports pace in both the walk and run shortcuts.  Runners tend to use pace: walkers tend to use speed.  Fitbit has no plans to change pace to speed in the walk shortcut.  Sorry.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

That is very unfortunate... The programming of the app must be awefully convoluted to make it so difficult to change this number by a simple formula based on user selection

The longer i browse this forum for solutions to the problems i see and which others reported before me, the more i regret buying a fitbit.

seems like i'm not the type of user that fitbit cares about.

Best Answer

My Fitbit doesn't understand what I'm doing, if I'm walking on a treadmill (3.4mph) then it keeps my steps up to date until I get to 9,996 steps - continuing to walk for five minutes and it only recorded another 38 steps.  This has never been a problem for years now until the recent software "updates" - I think the entire Fitbit concept is sinking.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Maybe you should start your own topic in stead of replying to my question with something completely diffrent 😉

Best Answer
0 Votes