Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit app not working when changing clock faces

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I haven't worn my versa for a few months, put it back on today and wanted to update my clock face. The app has totally changed (NOT for the better!) And now when I try to search for specific themes/developers for the developer I liked that has free faces only 4 come up when you search, but when you click on one the rest appear, but when I try to scroll it kicks me back to the search screen what's going on Fitbit? The app is stupidly glitchy!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Hi @Kenna79. Welcome to the Community Forums!

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback your thoughts about the Fitbit app. I understand where are you coming from, and I'm sorry about the issue experienced with the clock faces. I'll help you out with this. Just to confirm, do you have the new dashboard that has three icons at the bottom? May I know your phone's model and OS version? To further investigate this situation and if you've not done so, please try to log out from the Fitbit app, close the Fitbit app from the open apps, reboot your phone, log back in and try changing the clock face one more time.

Give it a try and let me know how it goes.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I have done everything you recommended and I am still having the same issue. I have a brand new Galaxy S10, OS version is 9 (I think). This is really frusterating because we got an updated fitbit app that no one wanted, it appears to have broken the clock faces area, but there is still no way to actually search for free apps, which is what the community has been asking for. It would be great is 1) I could get this solved and 2) fitbit could actually listen to its customers and their requests. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Kenna79. I'm glad to see you here again. I'm sorry for my delayed response.

Thanks for trying the steps posted above, as well for the requested information. I understand where are you coming from, and I'm sorry that you're going through this situation. Since the Fitbit app isn't working correctly, I'd recommend to try the following:

1. Uninstall and reinstall the Fitbit app.
  2. Reboot your phone.
  3. Open the Fitbit app, log in to your account and change the clock face.

If you're not seeing all the options for that specific themes/developers, take a screenshot and attach it in your reply so I can further investigate this situation.

About your other inquiry, let me inform you that after updating tot he 3.3.1 version, you'll see a new section in the Fitbit app that will show you all the free clock faces available for your Versa. Just follow the same steps to change the clock face and under the "All Clocks" page, scroll down and tap on "Free Clocks".

Keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Screenshot_20190825-211156_Fitbit.jpg

Screenshot_20190825-211202_Fitbit.jpg

Screenshot_20190825-211209_Fitbit.jpg

Hello. Above you will see the initial result to the search, then if I clock on one of the 4 results and go back I get the rest. Then when I scroll down it just a few results, I get kicked back to the last photo telling me that there are no results. 

Thank you for the info on the section for the free faces. That will help a lot. 

Best Answer

Hi @Kenna79. It's always great to see you here. I'm sorry for the delay in replying back to you.

Thanks for keeping me updated, and sharing screenshots of what is displayed on the Fitbit app when changing clock faces. I was checking that your information and it seems that your Samsung Galaxy S10 isn't a fully supported device, meaning that the Fitbit app hasn't fully optimized for this model. While your device is syncing and working with the Fitbit app, we cannot guarantee a full functionality. Our team is working hard to add as many devices as they can, and if you've not done so please give a try to the steps posted above. Also be sure to keep the Fitbit app updated so the others features can continue working.

If you have any other question, feel free to post back!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Kenna,

Not sure if this ever resolved for you, but I had the same problem for months and months. Once I selected a clock face, it would spin and "load" forever and never finish. Today I updated my app and selected a clock face twice to load and finally it did update on my watch. Not sure if this is relevant, but I did turn my phone off last night for the first time in a couple of weeks too. I tried that multiple times (restarting my phone) over the months with no luck until now.

I have an S8 phone, and Versa. 

Fitbit user since May 2015.
Blaze, Aria, Alta, Versa
Best Answer

Hi @Aly129. A warm welcome to the Community!

Thanks for stopping by to share the steps that worked for you. I'm glad that you were able to chance the clock face on your Versa and I'm sure other members will find your post very helpful when troubleshooting their watches.

In case you have some spare time, let me invite you to visit our Health & Wellness board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

If there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes