Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashlight App

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Would it be possible to get a flashlight app to work on the watch?  Walking the other night and it was dark, I didn't have my phone with me.  Lots of times I can think of where this would be handy.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@JBTZ In the  Gallery you can already find a very good Flashlight app, even 2.

The one I use, made by @Cspooner, seems doing exactly what you need.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
13 REPLIES 13

@JBTZ In the  Gallery you can already find a very good Flashlight app, even 2.

The one I use, made by @Cspooner, seems doing exactly what you need.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @JBTZSmiley Very Happy I’ve noticed that my friend @Giampi71 offered you a good response in order to solve the questions and doubts with your post. So, I made his post as the solution for your previous post. Highlighting the solution may be discovered more easily by other community member's facing the same questions or issues as you. You can read more about Accepted Solutions here.

As you may know, up to 39 apps can be installed on your watch at a time. Your watch must be connected to Wi-Fi in order for some apps to install or update.

To install an app:

1. With your watch nearby, on the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon () > your device image.
  2. Tap or click Apps > All Apps.
  3. Browse the available apps. When you find the one you want to install, tap or click it.
  4. Tap or click Install.
  5. Some apps require certain permissions in order to work properly, such as access to the internet or the ability to run in the background. Review these requested permissions and tap or click Install to add the app to your watch. Note that some permissions can cause your phone to use more data. If you decide at a later time that you don’t want an app to have certain permissions, you can adjust these permissions later.

As @Giampi71 said, there are some flashlight apps available at the moment. See my image below:

flashlight.png

If you have any question, let us know. Smiley Very Happy

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I am unable to get my flashlight on when I tap the right hand corner of the blaze, it was working before, can anyone help? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Blaze? Apps can't be installed on Blaze but only Versa/Ionic. And as far as I remember there is no flashlight on Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome on board @Michelle3004, it's nice to see a new member around! My friend @Giampi71 is right. These sort of apps can be download on the App Gallery for Versa and Ionic only. 

If you have one of them and have trouble with the Flashlight app, see How do I set up and troubleshoot apps on my Fitbit watch?

Please let us know if the steps work, we'll be around.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, I didn’t have the app on the phone and the flashlight worked when I double tapped the right hand corner of the watch, now the green shows but no light.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Michelle3004, thanks for getting back! As mentioned above, if you have Fitbit Versa or Ionic, try the steps provided at How do I set up and troubleshoot apps on my Fitbit watch?

For future references, with third party apps, note that Fitbit doesn't own or maintain third party integrations. If the app is still not working, in this case is recommendable to contact the third party developer to learn more about future implementations. 

To contact the developer please open their app on the Fitbit App Gallery, scroll/swipe down and under "App Details" you will find the information.

Please let us know if you have any further questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, thanks for the information however it isn’t an app on the versa that’s the issue it was a flashlight that was on the watch when I got it and now it just doesn’t work.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Michelle3004! Can you please send me a picture showing the flashlight app you're currently seeing either on the app or the Versa?

I'm looking forward to your response. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

It isn’t an app, I was able to access a flashlight on the phone itself by tapping the top right corner, just the same as being able to scroll through your steps, heart rate, calories burned etc with the bottom left corner. My issue is the flashlight does not come on now!!!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Michelle3004! If flashlight was on the phone, please note that this has nothing to do with your Versa, Fitbit app, or App Gallery. I'd suggest to get in touch with your phone's company.

As mentioned above, if the app was on the Fitbit app or on the Versa itself (perhaps it was one of the third-party apps I listed here), I'd appreciate if you can send me a screenshot so I can go from there. 

I'll be around, keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello to all,

just as a hint: most of my clockfaces have an integrated flashlight already. So you don't have to enter another app to switch on a flashlight.

If you want to give it a try - search for "Capitano" in the Fitbit App Gallery and look in the description.

Have fun

Capitano

Best Answer
0 Votes

>> Would it be possible to get a flashlight app to work on the watch?

Not sure this is the answer you were looking for , but I did write ILuvChrono to be useful as one. I really like the variable intensity OLED; it makes it a legitimate, useful flashlight when finding keys.

I've put a bit of effort into this and I hope that shows.

ILuvChrono animated gif file

App gallery is at https://gallery.fitbit.com/details/bda6f514-3946-49ba-a4ed-75e8470ab034

Best Answer
0 Votes