Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game Golf experience

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Microsoft Band 2 had a great app that used the accelerometer and GPS along with Course maps to give you current yards to hole, tracked your swings and such, any news if there will be a golf app for the fitbit Ionic?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
637 REPLIES 637

If you want both a golf app and steps/fitness app on same device, you should buy a Garmin Vivoactive 3.  Or perhaps, Iconic will actually get a golf app soon....or not.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wanted the Ionic because it lets me listen to music when I am running or doing anything active. Maybe Garmin should consider putting this capability on their watches taking consideration that most runners like to listen to music when they run (or bike). 

Best Answer

You're right about no music.  Can't seem to find a watch that does it all.  No golf app for Ionic is the disappointing part for me as I have loved my newest Fitbit and was hoping to upgrade in Fitbit environment.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm sure there will eventually be an app. for golf... Well, Fingers crossed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

When will game golf be available? Please respond with a date if you can or explanation if it's actually going to be available at all. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@trackfast20. Please read my latest message, on which you replied. The first version of the app is ready. There are three impediments which Fitbit has to solve

1) Fix the bug so the GPS can be read continuously

2) Launch the appstore so users can download the app.

3) The app needs to be approved by fitbit

Best Answer
Thank you! I have delayed buying the Vivoactive 3 in hopes that a golf GPS app like yours will be out soon.
Best Answer

Any update on this mate. Realistically can you see it being released in the next few months. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I called Fitbit tech support and they have never heard of Pietero's golf app.  I believe him when he says he is trying to get one on the market but I wouldn't hold my breath.  If you want a strong golf GPS (distance to center of green, etc.) go with the Garmin Vivoactive 3.  Same price and it has what you want.  I love my Fitbit but unless you want to wear 2 devices - one for golf and one for heartrate, etc. - the Vivoactive is the only wearable that does it all.  Fitbit is all about fitness.  Garmin comes from the GPS side its golf watches are the best.  With Vivoactive 3, Garmin covers both.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Adamshapo Yes. The first version will defeinitly be ready in a few months. It's a matter of weeks. Fitbit needs to fix 2 things before the app can be published. First, the App gallery must be launched and second the Continuously GPS readings must be fixed. 

@JayWY Nice to hear that you are calling fitbit about the app. I called it "Golf GPS". Maybe you can ask fitbit when they will fix the GPS issue and launch the app gallery.

Yesterday i successfully managed to let the fitbit communicate with my server. The ionic now retrieves th 5 courses which are closest by. You can check if your course is in my Database at http://pieteroskam.nl/pebbleGolf/ .

Best Answer

I hope you are successful with getting your app up and running!  As for me, I bought the Garmin last night.  Thank you for your responsiveness and hard work!

Best Answer

Seems to be fall or almost winter really here. When are the new apps going to be coming out; especially game golf? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

When will Game Golf be available on the Ionic?  Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

What's the new eta on this now?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m really surprised nothing obvious is being developed given the potential market for something like this. The potential for sales is astronomical. 

Best Answer

Well, we have the app store released today but no golf app. Kind of disappointing for sure Smiley Frustrated

Adamshapo is right that lots of golfers are going to want a golf watch as a gift this season but the IONIC won't be an option, sales will go to Garmin etc.

Best Answer

I am a past MS Band 2 user myself... we ought to form a club of people that miss that fine little wearable. 

Best Answer

If you read this press release, it says the golf app will be available by end of year...

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/fitbit-delivers-first-fitbit-os-140000831.html?.tsrc=rss

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the press release link, I'm back to hopeful.

It's interesting the app will be from Game Golf which currently has a complete club by club tracking system and the price has really come down. If this app supports that tracking system I may need to pick it up as well.

Best Answer

This is great news and could be a game changer . Look forward to reading some reviews before committing to buying a Fitbit. It has all the hardware needed to compete with Garmin and TomTom Golf watches.

Best Answer
0 Votes