Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game Golf experience

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Microsoft Band 2 had a great app that used the accelerometer and GPS along with Course maps to give you current yards to hole, tracked your swings and such, any news if there will be a golf app for the fitbit Ionic?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
637 REPLIES 637
Thanks for the note. I took Game Golf off of my Fitbit due to various
reasons & frustration. I no longer have any golf app on my Fitbit.
Instead, I'm left lookin' like a fool wearing two different watches. Fitbit
needs a quality golf app. I thought tht they might lean into Swing U (on my
phone) after their acquisition of Pebble. I played with a guy who had SWU
on his watch and it was slick. Now, seriously thinkin' about dumping my
FBit for a Garmin 60 / Apple or something else tht tracks golf and fitness
well.
Best Answer
0 Votes
I have up, my ionic stopped working (less than 2 Years). So I threw it
away and bought Fenix. Works every time and golf app is sweet.

I’d just move on and think of Fitbit as a blackberry of old...
Best Answer
0 Votes
I’ve been using “Golf GPS” for a couple of years. Really like it. The
developer has videos on YouTube.
Ionic Charge 2 iphone 6S
Best Answer

Yeah - I pretty much stopped using it, as I mostly play my home course and use a rangefinder for most distances. ...So I started it back up yesterday and it worked mostly well.  Except, and maybe it is for battery concerns, or maybe I need to change a setting, but I had to restart it every time I went to look at it.  I like what the full tool (not the Ionic app but the app and club registration system) does, so I was hoping to get a little more out of it.  Mostly just looking for an accurate (like within a yard or two) measurement of my drive distance.  All clubs would be great but driver is the main one.  I have a couple different ways to try to accomplish that one though.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks Mark! I appreciate the tip.
Ron
Rio Ron
"Life is precious, enjoy every minute with your family and friends!"
Best Answer
0 Votes
Good idea.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

RioRon,

Have you tried “Golf GPS?” Works great, videos for it on YouTube.

Blasko

Ionic Charge 2 iphone 6S
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have to go watch the video again.  Installed it and turned it on at my course.  Then had trouble using it on the fly.  Of course - most of my brain is centered on the next shot so I dont have time to learn something new.  How do you change holes?  swipe?  click somewhere?  Like I said - I need to look a the video again.

Best Answer
0 Votes
scpackfan

Top right advance, bottom right go back. It also has a very cool club
tracking system!🏌️‍:female_sign:👍

Blasko
Ionic Charge 2 iphone 6S
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm a software developer for almost 20 years, and recently took up golf. I'm absolutely amazed that there isn't any confident app out there that could simply keep track of my score easily. I think i'm going to take a crack at it.

If i'm going to build my own app, the 1st and foremost important goal it needs to be contribute to the golf experience, not detract from it. When we're playing the game, we're thinking about the game, not about tracking stats.

The app needs to take a back seat while your play the hole. After you nail that 1 ft putt, then you fill in the details.

Goals are simple:

• No internet or phone required during the game
    • Leave that clunky device in the car.
  • Easy one-button tracking of swings of putts
    • i just want my score to be tracked for me. Give me something simple like a one button tally counter with optional club selection and "shot feel (😎,🙂,😭) ".
    • Again, the goal is for the app to take a back seat. If all you have time for is a tally, then one button and you're done as you walk back to the cart. If you want to go ahead and select the club and how well the shot felt, then its there for you.
  • Score review at the end of a hole
    • At the end of hole i want to revise score if needed, mark putts, add one-tap notes, such as hazards, drive expectations, and "practice" swings
  • Scorecard Review
    • to write them down on the scorecard

Anything else would be considered good to haves at this point. I want to be on the links without my phone. 

Versa 3 has GPS built in, so for a 2nd version i would explore club performance. I've almost given up using the phone apps, its just not intuitive to track clubs on shots.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I appreciate and applaud your interest in the creation of a very simple
golf app for the Fitbit line of products. Scoring ease is definitely one
factor however, pin position F/M/B is actually more important than keeping
a score; to me and others I know with Fitbits. It is just so disappointing
to see Fitbit throwing out, expensive new hardware, that doesn't support
golf. It is also frustrating to see my friends using other brands of
fitness watches on the golf course, that have golf course apps, while
Fitbit users can only get steps. Needless to say, it gets pretty old going
to the golf course looking like a "street vendor" with gadgets that look
like watches up and down my arm in order to get the stats I want! One for
golf distances, one for steps & fitness, you get the idea. I hope that you
are successful in your development. I have an Ionic and at this point I
don't think there's any hope of a golf app for me. Hardware change will
probably be my only option. No, not Fitbit even though their new "stuff"
looks nice.
Thanks again!
RioRon
Best Answer
0 Votes

Would love something that gets all scores from others in one place.  I know that does not really fit what you are describing here, but would be useful to me.  Then we sould not have so much lost time in collecting scorecards and calling off scores after our rounds.  ...Just in case you 'trip over' something that might help us do that while you are looking at scoring more.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The Swing U app does this; it is compatible with other watches, but not
FitBit. You can put it on your phone.
Ron
Rio Ron
"Life is precious, enjoy every minute with your family and friends!"
Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately, unless I pay thousands for the golf data, the only way to have yardages is for people add it themselves, like the other app already does 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes
Understood...scorinv is better than nothing though.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SunsetRunner ,

If you have a nice beta version maybe we can team up and combine them to one app? I'm the developer of the golf GPS app. 

One of my concercens is how to make the UI nice for both distance finding and scoring. I don't want it to be cluttered. 

Best Answer

Hi Pietero. I just got a Fitbit and I am trying to use your app. It says "No phone connection" and it just hangs when trying to find courses. Is there some troubleshooting I can do for this? Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Pietero 

That would be interesting!  Once i'm further down in development i'll reach out to you!

Best Answer
0 Votes