Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game Golf experience

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Microsoft Band 2 had a great app that used the accelerometer and GPS along with Course maps to give you current yards to hole, tracked your swings and such, any news if there will be a golf app for the fitbit Ionic?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
637 REPLIES 637

Santi,

I've had good experiences using my Ionic and Game Golf on several different courses in Georgia and Florida.

I recently traveled to the Denver area and had mixed results.  I loaded and synced three courses that I was going to play before I left home.  When playing the Blackstone course, Game Golf would load and work but crash to clock face at least once a hole.  Since I was on the course, I just lived with it but noticed on the right side of the display, the course depiction was not in color but in gray scale.  Every time I've had Game Golf crash to clock face I've had the gray scale depiction.  I don't remember anyone else mention this.  When I played Blackstone there were thunderstorms in the distance that could have affected the GPS signal, but a playing partner's Garmin watch was working fine.  The weather closed in and we quit after 15.

We played Black Bear the next day and Game Golf worked perfectly.

The third day we played The Pinery and Game Golf would not load.  This course has 27 holes and I suspect that might be the reason. A course I play at home has 27 holes and you just load the 9 you are about to play.  Loading each 9 works fine.  Just for grins, I loaded Blackstone again before the round and it was in full color this time but we didn't play it again so I don't know if it would have worked on the course.  I logged out and then reloaded Blackstone again that time.

I use an iPhone 6s.

Blasko

Ionic Charge 2 iphone 6S
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! Thanks for sharing the experience you have had with the Game Golf app on this thread. Also, thanks for your feedback regarding this.

The first things to check are the requirements for the golf courses to load and the app to work correctly:

If non of the above sorts this out for you, please contact customer support and provide the following information:

• Fitbit App version.
  • Phone model and OS version.
  • Name of the golf course you are trying to add to your watch.

That way, customer support can send this information to the right place to get this filed and checked. 

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Thx for this. Just downloaded for my Pebble time and will test it out tomorrow. 

Best Answer

Brilliant news that a golf distance app may be available soon on Fitbit. I have a surge which I guess won't support it but would definitely buy another (ionic) etc if it was made available. I currently use a laser as prefer spot on measurements for 170 yards in but having a Fitbit that I can get a front middle and back measurement at a glance for distances over that would be perfect.

Looking forward to it's it's release, if not the cost of buying a more recent release watch.

Good work guys!

Colin

Best Answer
0 Votes

There are already two golf gps apps out for the Ionic, neither of which I have had any success with on the golf course. Is there another one being released?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Played Campestre la Lima in Honduras Saturday, worked fine each time I decided to review a hole and remember to advance, will be playing Indura resorts this weekend and pay close attention to each hole etc.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have to say that I purchased the ionic for the soon to be golf app, but it's now July 2018 and still nothing!  I am disappointed with fitbit once again so it's back to my garmin! Thanks for the disappointment and wasted money!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is exactly how I feel I bought the ionic for the golf app I don't really care how many steps I walk I can figure out how far I walk or run or bike I feel like it's wasted money

Best Answer
0 Votes

The last two posts are odd. One guy is "still waiting for a golf app" yet Game Golf was released last year. Yes it has issues but I finally got it to work for me when not using the pin security feature. I can always add the pay app back to the watch if I need it.

The last guy bought the IONIC for the golf app and doesn't care about steps and biking etc? Wow, it is a fitness smart watch and I assume everybody that buys one DOES care about those features. If you wanted a golf watch only, highly recommend buying a Garmin Approach golf watch, they are really good  at golf. I had a S1 and a S3 before using the IONIC for golf. Took a long time, but finally Game Golf is working for me and I have a watch that does fitness and golf. Really liking  my IONIC.

Best Answer

I wonder if biker dog has an Apple phone. I have a Samsung phone running Android - the golf app does not work on this platform.

The ionic has a smaller footprint that is not as big on your wrist than the some Garmin devices, a larger display and a less expensive price than some of the Garmin devices. My daughter has a Fitbit my wife has a Fitbit I thought I would try a Fitbit. Honestly at this time I regret the decision. I purchased months ago with the promise of the golf app.

Also, the Fitbit app drains my battery. I've deleted it from my phone and the device sits in a drawer. Not sure what the future holds for this device.

I do appreciate biker dogs comments though.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'd like to add that since deleting the Fitbit app off of my phone I'm  getting better battery performance

Are there other Android users out there that experienced battery fatigue running Fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Pjh08,

Since owning the IONIC I started on a Google Pixel 1 but most of the time using a Google Pixel 2. Lots of issues with this phone for people but mine seems to work fine for all things Fitbit.

BIkerdog

Best Answer
0 Votes
The app is called Game Golf. I have it on my Ionic and it works great. Be sure to follow the setup instructions. I have also found I need to be sure I synch my Ionic w my iPhone before I play so the gps works properly.
Best Answer

Hello everyone! I hope you're all doing well. Thanks for your participation on this thread regarding the Game Golf App. 

I wanted to let you know that a new version of the Game Golf app (v1.0.4) is now available in the Fitbit App Gallery! 

This release includes some improvements for Android users that were having a difficult time loading courses. If you haven't already done so, I recommend updating Game Golf to the latest version. 

If you continue to experience any issues updating courses, please let me know the name of the course along with what mobile device and OS you are currently running in this dedicated thread for issues uploading courses.  

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
Still courses with 27 holes crashes in Iphone.
Try "Bentwoud south.." when pressing start it crashes.
18 holes courses works fine
Best Answer
0 Votes

Was really hoping this update would work for me.  The watch app never advances beyond the "Go to your game golf app settings in fitbit app to log into you account."  This is the same it has been doing since it broke some time ago. too bad.  Maybe at some point it will work.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I just updated golf app. It did download course which is what it would not do before., I will try it out to see if it tomorrow to see how it handle a round.
Best Answer

@Ekmis Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for reporting that! Please post the name of the courses not loading and any other useful information on this thread here.

@DaronU I hope you're doing well! Please check the following steps for the app to work correctly:

@Jloner2802 It's great to see you in the Fitbit Community! Thanks for reporting back regarding the update. I'm glad to read it did downloaded courses this time. 

Please let me know if it works well for you!

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Finally got to play a round of golf, been raining for 5 days. Golf app worked real well and did not drop out at all. Seem to track distance quite well. So far so good. I'm using an LG G5 phone 

Best Answer

@Jloner2802 Thanks for your reply! I'm so glad to read that it worked well for your round of golf and that you re enjoying the app. 

Thanks for sharing your experience, I'm sure other users will find this helpful as well.

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes