Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game Golf experience

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Microsoft Band 2 had a great app that used the accelerometer and GPS along with Course maps to give you current yards to hole, tracked your swings and such, any news if there will be a golf app for the fitbit Ionic?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
637 REPLIES 637
I joined this group because I have been a fitbit user for years. I was considering replacing my aging Skycaddie and Charge2 with a single device. Namely the Ionic. After monitoring this site, I am sad to report I will have to pass on the Ionic, and buy a dedicated golf watch. It's a shame really. I guess Fitbit doesn't see the benefit of involving the golf community with their devices. As information,  Golftoday, (http://www.golftoday.co.uk/golf_a_z/articles/golfer_stats.html) estimates there are 61M golfers in the world,  37M are in the U.S.Seems like a huge marketing opportunity to me.I hope Fitbit will involve sufficient resources to solve the issues with golf on their devices. It will probably be too late for me, but for those of you that trusted and bought the Ionic, you deserve a fix.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S7 active, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
I have had no issues with my Ionic, have played about 6-8 rounds with it and it works great. Very accurate too as I use a Bushnell rangefinder to get my distances to the pin and can then judge where the pin is located relative to the green.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also experiencing issues syncing courses to my Fitbit ionic. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Sam, I am in the same boat as you.  My Charge 2 just broke and I want to purchase a new Fitbit (tracker). I don't like wearing two watches while golfing (Fitbit and Garmin golf watch).  I have been searching for a combined unit and I can't find anything.  I was hopeful reading this tread, but now at the end of the thread, it is clear that there is no current solution with Fitbit.  My search continues. 

Best Answer

For anyone that is having the same issue as I had with GAME GOLF where the watch app quits several times per round, I just recently had my first round where it lasted the entire round without booting me back to my watch face. There are a few things I did before that round:

• Delete Golf GPS app (another user noted that having both may interfere with each other)
  • Delete other unnecessary apps (I may have overloaded my watch storage)
  • Only pre-loaded one course into the watch app
  • Factory Reset the watch

I do want to note that I have an iPhone. It appears that there have been problems with the ionic working with other phones outside of apple that some of the steps above may not fix.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for that Psmith20, currently my watch doesn't last more then one or two holes before  resetting. There's a couple things there I can try. Here's what i know:

• Never loaded the Golf GPS app so it isn't that but maybe related to having too many apps.
  • I've used the Game Golf app with my phone  (Pixel 2) powered off and still suffered the reset issue so don't think it is related to the phone or type. 
  • Did a factory reset, still had the reset issue using the app.
    so
  • I'll try having only one course loaded and remove all the other apps as a test, if that works I'll slowly re-add some of the apps.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I was hoping to upgrade my current Fitbit so that I still have all of the features I love and add the golf app. Think I’m going to skip it. Very disappointing to hear about the troubles everyone is having.  Guess I’ll keep using my iPhone and Golf logix app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Game golf,

I cannot get the app to sync courses I keep getting the Before syncing to tracker error and the courses never load. Any assistance would be appreciated .

Best Answer
0 Votes
My advice...reduce your frustration and give up on this app. Like others,
I have tried everything even talking to support, etc., no real solutions.
Too many excuses like well it's the android phones, it's the clock you've
selected, etc., etc. Someone needs to step up and support this app.

Rio Ron
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello all! Thanks for your participation on this thread regarding the Game Golf App.

Our team has received the feedback from everyone in this thread and is working to investigate these reports further. I will share updates from the team when I hear them. Thanks to everyone for your reports and understanding.

In the meantime, please make sure your watch is syncing properly as the Game Golf app will need a proper connection with the watch. Try these steps if your watch is not syncing properly, that should help with the Game Golf app too.

Keep me posted! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
I wonder if Fitbit would refund my money if I bought an Ionic for a golf
watch and it wouldn't work as needed?
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Sam8586 Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for posting your inquiry on this thread. 

If you purchased Ionic at the Fitbit Store you have 45 days to return it for a refund. Check the warranty here.

If you purchased it through another retailer you will have to check with them and their warranty policies.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
I have been an Ionic supporter since I got mine in December 2017. It has worked pretty much flawlessly until last week. Played golf at Doral- Silver Fox and the yardage was off by about a thousand yards a hole. It would decrease as I played but unusable. Then yesterday, I noticed it was not syncing - last synch was 6/28 despite having daily synch on and trying to manually synch. Tried to synch, many times, no good. So today I tried again all the various combinations and nothing worked. I finally deleted the Ionic and tried to start from scratch- nothing working- wouldn’t send to tracker. Tried all the various ways in all different orders, right next to my Fios router- nothing. Finally, I found a post that said try turning the Ionic completely off, which I had never done before. I then reloaded Fitbit on my iPhone 8 (yes the software is fully updated), went through adding the Ionic back and finally, the send to tracker and synch functions started to work. All is fine now. Fitbit has some very clear programming issues they need to fix and definitive steps to establish to cure issues like I had. It took several hours of frustration to finally get mine to work again, and I am an Ionic fan! Check my prior posts- all supportive & positive. Please, be honest, fix it and tell us step by step order of how to fix it if something happens. Don’t put your head in the sand and pretend there isn’t a problem. You have the best fitness/ golf watch going if you fix the issues.
Thank you,
Doug
Best Answer
0 Votes

Concerning the problem with the Game Golf app resetting while in use. I removed all mostly unused apps which included the payment app so I also deleted the use of a pin number. 

After two rounds now I have had only one reset but for the most part the Golf Game app is suddenly working well. So either using less apps, as discussed earlier in this tread, or removing the need for a pin has helped keep this app running. 

For me I think disabling the pin requirement has helped.  I had noticed not only while using Game Golf but at other random times I had to enter my pin number to do anything. So we all know when you take your watch off and put it back on the pin has to be entered.

So my theory is during golf you are  moving your arms and wrist all over and maybe the watch becomes "removed" briefly and suddenly requires the pin number. If that's the case maybe a longer timeout before causing the watch to reset would be a simple fix to this particular issue. 

Anyway, so far, for me, I have found a work around since the golf app is a priority for me over other apps ( hardly used the payment app). If this continues working well I'll eventually reload the payment app and re-enable  the pin to see if the Game Golf goes back to its reset issues. 

Finally I did do a test. With Game Golf running I removed the watch from my wrist and indeed the app stops and you have to enter the pin and start the app again. With pin disabled, you can remove the watch and Game Golf continues running.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t load any payment info on my Ionic as I don’t want to use it for that. Doni also have no pins necessary and haven’t had problems.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
Amen! This is what I have been trying to convey to the Fitbit gurus as
well. All of my buddies who golf would be wearing the Ionic if this golf
app were functioning properly. Hope they move soon to resolve the issues
as you. My phone is a Galaxy 7. From the posts, it appears that Apple
phones are functioning better than Android with the app. Thanks for
chiming in!
RioRon
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
Best Answer
0 Votes
where did you even find the app? I also have a galaxy 7s.
Best Answer
0 Votes
My Fitbit is always syncing properly. So that is not the excuse. Please moderator do not use the excuse is your Fitbit syncing correctly.

The golfapp,
No matter if I take off the app, redownload it, re sync my watch, let me watch die, re charge it, sync it fully, it just does not work.

This app needs a lot of bugs fixed. A LOTTTTTT.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes
You access the app through your Fitbit account. The same place that you
would obtain clock faces, etc. Search Game Golf.

Rio Ron
Best Answer
0 Votes
Through the Fitbit

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes