Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game Golf Draining Battery Quickly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Since Fitbit 3.0 Upgrade Game Golf Drains Battery Life - Tested twice now while playing and from a 100% Charged Ionic (with Fitbit Default Clock face) battery life is only good for 2.5 hours - meaning Iconic is flat dead by 10th to 12 hole. Currently running Game Golf 1.0.9 - the latest version.

Can anything been turned off etc.. or tuned to increase battery life ?

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity/Format

Best Answer
0 Votes
101 REPLIES 101
Good decision.... 'Twas mine. Generally speaking, my Ionic has performed
as advertised so far (since around Thanksgiving) but Fitbit really needs to
polish its image by taking care of issues like this. Why let a imperfect
app linger. Give it the needle!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

FYI, Game Golf wasn’t written for Fitbit, it was originally written for the Pebbles fitness watch. Fitbit bought Pebbles in early 2017.

Game Golf was reworked to work with Fitbit by the “worker bees.”  Some bees were former Pebbles I assume, and some bees were Fitbit.

I hope all bees were compensated appropriately for their work. However, Game Golf is now the “step child” of the marriage.  Might explain the slow response to ongoing problems.

Just my observation.

Blasko

”Capitalism, a love story.”

Ionic Charge 2 iphone 6S
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you Blasko. That does perfectly explain the dynamics of what is happening. In a world driven by maximising the profit on the commodity, there is no gain (other than goodwill) for Fitbit or Game Golf in resolving this, hence their lack of interest. I am now using Golf GPS and I am grateful to Pieter for the work that he has put into this. I am not convinced that it is as accurate as Game Golf was and I have tried to customise my home course. Ultimately, given the variability in my golf, the yardage is but an interesting sideshow!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ah!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey everyone, I hope you are doing fine and I am sorry for the delay in respond.

@MJB.1 and @Appin, thanks for the feedback provided about the Game Golf app. As suggested, take a moment to contact the developer by using the link in the app description. This will help to have this issue prioritized on their end as well.

@DesertGranddad@Bikerdog and @Blasko, I appreciate the information provided about the Golf GPS app. It's great to hear that this app is working properly. I know our friends will find this really helpful.

I will see you around. Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

I thought you might all be interested in this reply just in from Game Golf

I understand your frustration. We really want to get the Ionic app fixed as soon as possible, especially because of golf season. We are hoping to have the resources to fix our free products in the near future. You will see an update in your Fitbit app for GameGolf soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Great thanks for the update Appin - Before the Fitbit upgrade - I was happy with Game Golf - only thing was you couldn't tell the time without exiting the app.

Brgds

Best Answer
0 Votes
Glory be? Already hooked on Golf GPS
Best Answer
0 Votes

jpmaxwell,

Appin took the time to contact the Game Golf developer and got this response:

"I understand your frustration. We really want to get the Ionic app fixed as soon as possible, especially because of golf season. We are hoping to have the resources to fix our free products in the near future. You will see an update in your Fitbit app for GameGolf soon."

FYI the FREE Game Golf app was written for the Pebbles fitness watch.  Fitbit bought Pebbles in early 2017 and Game Golf was tailored to work with Fitbit (it took awhile).  The reason I purchased my Ionic was to avoid wearing two watches when golfing.  I'm now 69 years old and my dermatologist want's me to wear two gloves when golfing (always used sunscreen, but never applied to the back of my hands).  Can you imagine the grief I would get from my buds wearing two watches and two gloves??? 

Anywho,  I fought with Game Golf since day one of it's introduction.  I got frustrated and moved over to Golf GPS which works good for me.  The Golf GPS developer seems more motivated to fix problems and come up with more features.

I've also read online that Golflogix is partnering with the Apple Watch.  I used Golflogix for many years, but actually now prefer Golf GPS.  I don't want to take the time to pull a cellphone out of my pocket to get the info I want.  I like having it on my wrist.

Game Golf seems to be slow to respond to problems, and I haven't heard of any new features for the future.  I gave up on them months ago.

Blasko

Ionic Charge 2 iphone 6S
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Appin! Thanks for sharing the reply you got from Game Golf after reaching them out. 

Hi @pb01@DesertGranddad@jpmaxwell, and @Blasko! Thank you for the thorough feedback for the Fitbit devices. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback.

The Forums are designed to provide a place for customers to seek and receive help from other community members, so please keep your comments constructive and relevant to the topic on the forum or thread. Please stick to our Community Guidelines when posting. 

Please let us know if there's anything else we may do to assist in the meantime. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

This was working now it kills the battery after 9 holes.   I don't care what it was originally written for.... it used to work.. something changed recently

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, the screen is now always on, runs down the battery. They apparently did this to fix something else. 

Just use Golf GPS, it works.

Best Answer
0 Votes
From previous posts the problem is recognized and game golf is looking at how to solve the problem. Hopefully anytime now.Sendt fra min Samsung Galaxy-smarttelefon.
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Windman, I don’t see this being fixed anytime soon.
Game Golf are not interested in a quick fix because they are not making any money from the app and Fitbit are not interested because you’ve already bought the Ionic and they have your money.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Appin@Bikerdog, @Windman and @fit-lou! We totally understand how are you feeling. I appreciate your feedback.

As suggested, take a moment to contact the developer by using the link in the app description. This will help to have this issue prioritized on their end as well.

Your understanding is truly appreciated. Let us know if there's anything else we may do to assist in the meantime. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks... the app is resting quietly in my phone.
Best Answer
0 Votes

OK. So I see that Game Golf has issued an update to try and resolve the battery issue. Thank you to everybody who has worked on this. It will be interesting to see how effective the fix is and whether it will fix the sh@nk that I seem to have developed since it went wrong back in February!

Best Answer
I got rid of my Fitbit because of this.. now using a garmin!

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mmmmm. Just got a replacement...on warranty .......sept.purchase..kerplunk
in June.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all! 

Big thanks to everyone who took the time to report the issues you have been experiencing with Game Golf and battery drain on your Ionic. Your patience has been truly appreciated as the Fitbit and Game Golf teams have worked to identify the cause. 

As many of you know, a new version of Game Golf (version 1.0.10) has been released into the Gallery. This release includes a fix to help conserve battery life among some other changes. You can see the full changelog, by following this link

Looking forward to hearing your feedback regarding this release. If you have additional questions, you know where to find me!

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes