Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game Golf crash

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've installedthe Game Golf app and updated to the second rev. When I select my course, it either does nothing, exits the app or resets my ionic. Any suggestions? 

Best Answer
109 REPLIES 109

Version 1.08 installed today and seems to have fixed the crash problem with os 3

Best Answer
0 Votes

Confirmed, Game Golf v1.08 resolved my crashing issue on iOS and appears to be working normally!! Thanks Matt for the heads up!

Best Answer

Hi there @apricetx1@shastaman, and @Shakib! Thanks for sharing the outcome with us. We're glad to hear that your Game Golf app is working as expected after completing the update. 

Don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with. Robot wink

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Your post was from over 1 year ago and the problem still exists. They know they have an issue with the Android operating system, but they say absolutely nothing about the problem. They continue to apologize for the inconvenience and ask you to delete the app, re-install the app, log-out, log back in. All of that is a smokescreen while they scramble around and try to fix the problem. My guess is that they have really poor programmers and don't want to spend the money to fix the real problem. A year and the problem still persists? Really? They should be ashamed of themselves charging money for products that they know will only work with certain devices, without disclosing that up front.

Best Answer

While it is great that he figured away to upload the courses, you are missing the bigger picture. His watch/App won't work with his Android phone and you completely gloss over that fact.

Best Answer

Returning to this thread more than a year later. I never got the game golf app working on android. I have no indication that game golf have any interest in resolving the issues. I tried some other ionic apps without success and I'm of the opinion that fitbit has no idea about what it means to create a platform. Either the fitbit platform is broken or they have no quality control on the apps launching on their platform. Also, I have pretty much continuous issues with syncing my phone with my ionic. After 9 months, fitbit replaced my ionic (no longer able to connect or sync over Bluetooth). Within a few months of that, my battery life suddenly dropped from 5 days to less than 1, running NO apps. This is an expensive product that has completely failed to deliver and performance has deteriorated significantly over time with no explanation. I would be extremely embarrassed to be associated with any aspect of the development of this product. 

Best Answer
Works on my Ionic. Have a Galaxy. I guess I am the lucky one.Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note5, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @dwooly and @Stiglitz! We totally understand how you feel. However, since Game Golf doesn't belong to us, you'll need to reach out to them directly  by using the link in the app description for more troubleshooting steps. 

If you enjoy playing golf, I'd like to recommend another app available in our App Gallery called Golf GPS, which is totally different from Game Golf.

In case someone else is interested in trying Golf GPS (developed by Pieter Oskam) rather than Game Golf, I'm posting its description below:

The app currently provides distance to front, center and back of green. Also Bunkers, water and doglegs are supported and can be added to your course on smartwatchgolfgps.com

Other features are:

• Auto hole advance
  • Club suggestions
  • Shot tracking
  • Explanation video: https://youtu.be/PHY39M0qePQ
  • Edit your golf course : https://youtu.be/8OdXuRAfTKI
  • Features which are under consideration:
  • Heart rate/step info
  • Maps and more visual distance
  • Scorecard
  • Weather info (wind & effects)

Hey there @MarkDee56! I'm glad to hear that Game Golf is working fine for you. Woman Very Happy

Let me know if there's anything else I may do to assist you with. 
Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Marrefit,

I used the app you suggested and it works great. Thank you for the tip. Game Golf needs to hire their programmers, because their's seem to be sub-par. I wanted to be a fan of Game Golf, but it is difficult when their apps don't work correctly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too used the Golf GPS app last week. 1000% better than Game Golf. From ease of downloading a course, to staying alive on my Ionic. Worked great. 

Best Answer
0 Votes