Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game Golf experience

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Microsoft Band 2 had a great app that used the accelerometer and GPS along with Course maps to give you current yards to hole, tracked your swings and such, any news if there will be a golf app for the fitbit Ionic?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
637 REPLIES 637

Santi,

Game Golf has been working great for me with only a couple of issues.

1.) After downloading a course, I have had issues with the app crashing to clock face.  When this happens I have noticed an odd depiction of some of the holes in grayscale on the right side of the screen and not in color.  Could you ask the techs why this happens?

2.) The Pinery in Parker, CO would not load properly.  It is a 27 hole layout and I think it hasn’t been tailored for Game Golf.

Thanks,

Blasko

Ionic Charge 2 iphone 6S
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Blasko, I hope you're doing well! Thanks for reporting the issues you have been experiencing with Game Golf GPS newest update. 

That's a bit strange! Have you tried logging out and logging back in? This has helped other users. 

Thanks for providing the information about the Pinery in Parker, CO course. Will report that one too.

Thanks again, keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Are you coming out with gold all that works or not? Hole 19 can be added?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is there anything new about golf app?

cant find game golf in Fitbit app gallery? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bokaj,

Their are a couple of GPS apps for golf.

Game Golf and Golf GPS.  I’ve had better luck with Golf GPS.

I have an Ionic.

Blasko

Ionic Charge 2 iphone 6S
Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay. Thx.

but how do I then get golf gps on my watch...

cant find it under applications in Fitbit app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What Fitbit device do you have?

Blasko

Ionic Charge 2 iphone 6S
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have ionic... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good, you’re all set!

Go to dashboard and tap on the Ionic icon in the top left  corner, then go to apps and search.

Blasko

Ionic Charge 2 iphone 6S
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thx

got it on the watch now... but it says no gps... how do I change that?

and thx for advice!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Go outside to get GPS signal.  I keep cellphone close by, usually in a pocket. Have cellphone with Fitbit app up and on dashboard.  Must have GPS connection and Bluetooth connection to phone.  

When you get both GPS and Bluetooth connected,  search for desired course.

Blasko

Ionic Charge 2 iphone 6S
Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay.. tried but can’t make it work...

how do do I check I Fitbit app has access to gps or is it the watch that needs access to gps?

Best Answer
0 Votes

When you have the Golf GPS app up on your Ionic,  it will say GPS and or Bluetooth connected in green letters on phone screen.  Otherwise it will say not connected in red.  Takes a couple of minutes.

Blasko

Ionic Charge 2 iphone 6S
Best Answer
0 Votes

It works!!! 

Thx mate!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Excellent👍👍👍

Ionic Charge 2 iphone 6S
Best Answer
0 Votes

Now just monkey around with it.  I find it to be just about bulletproof as long as my phone is nearby!

Blasko

Ionic Charge 2 iphone 6S
Best Answer
0 Votes
There is a search function. Look for Golf GPS and Game Golf. Don’t bother with Game Golf until they have fixed the battery drain issue.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community Forums @Bokaj! I'm glad to hear you were able to use Golf GPS, after following @Blasko's tips and recommendations. 

We totally understand where your concern is coming from @Appin. As mentioned previously in other threads you've been participating, please take a moment to contact the developer using the link in the app description. This will help to have this issue prioritized on their end as well. 

I'll be around if there's anything else I may do to assist in the meantime. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Someone mentioned Game Golf had a battery drain issue, but that was about a year ago.  Do we think it still has the issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry, don't know as haven't used it since. I do note that there hasn't been any updates since so probably hasn't changed. Try it. Maybe it will be ok. You can always delete it if it causes a problem.
Best Answer
0 Votes