Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game Golf experience

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The Microsoft Band 2 had a great app that used the accelerometer and GPS along with Course maps to give you current yards to hole, tracked your swings and such, any news if there will be a golf app for the fitbit Ionic?

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity

Best Answer
637 REPLIES 637
How old is this post? Are you saying the golf app will be released Fall 2017 (meaning the info is old) or Fall of 2018?

Doug
Best Answer
0 Votes

No, not yet. A group of us on this community site are waiting for an announcement.  They said it was going to be released at the end of Dec, but it has been pushed back a few times. We are all “hoping” they are taking their time to get it right and will have it soon. We’ll see....

Best Answer
0 Votes

My post are in February 2018, the advertising I saw for the golf app on the fitbit websites we're in September 2017, the golf app is still not out, I ordered a Garmin Fenix, I'm tired of waiting for apps that should of been out in 2017. The Fitbit Ionic leaves a lot to be desired if they are not producing apps that customers want like the golf app and rowing app. I'll put the Ionic away and maybe in a year I'll look to see if they are getting anywhere with the apps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SantiR: I always liked your contribution posts but honestly your last post made me really disappointed. Fitbit official announcement was that GAME GOLF was coming by end of 2017 and then pushed back to beginning of 2018. You repeated that it was coming very soon and now, out of the blue, you come out saying Fall 2018!!!

Like, developing apps for Ionic is very difficult and we have no idea how to make it! 8-10 months is a very long period so if you are saying that, it means there is no draft of app or not even the idea how to make it..

Not sure what to think about, I like the Ionic and I'm proud of it but if this is the FITBIT commitment towards its most expensive device then it's better to jump ship.

I hope this is only a big misunderstanding but at this point I think the users (and many of them I'm sure bought the Ionic because of GAME GOLF) deserve more transparency. 

Respectfully. 

Best Answer
Agreed,

I work in the technology industry and it’s just not on to go to press 5th Dec on a marketing play with no substance.

Coming “soon” for Golf, Uber etc does not translate to 8-10mths in anyone’s language. You could easily build it in that time and we already know that the app exists for Pebble so it’s just a port..

So the timeline would indicate to me that the app has not even begun to be made and if so that’s a little naughty on Fitbit’s behalf. My purchasing decision was completely influenced by the global press release on 5th Dec so quite frankly I feel duped.

Wonder what the press would make of this now?

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

@SantiR if this application won't be available until the fall, I think a return or refund option should be available for some of us who bought the ionic based on the announcement the GAMEGOLF app would be available by now. In some places, fall means no more golf weather, so we really won't be able to use it until next golf season which will be over a year from now!  If thats the case, thank you for not keeping us in the dark anymore, however I'd rather find a different golf gps tracking watch. 

Best Answer
Hi I have exclusively purchased ionic for game golf
Fall.....
I will not wait for that. That's why I want a refunding.
Maybe a facebook page where anyone who wants a refund can sign up would be an idea.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm in the same boat, purchase exclusively for the golf application, now I had to go out and buy a Garmin Fenix. The Ionic is a fancy and expensive step counter.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry you misunderstood me, I have nothing to do with Fitbit, I just purchase the Fitbit Ionic I February 2018 because they advertised the watch came with a golf app, I was duped like all the rest of the customers hoping for a golf app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

.@SantiFitbit Your linked post states:

"At launch, Ionic will also offer various apps including Weather powered by AccuWeather, Pandora, Starbucks (North America only) and the App Gallery will continue to expand with other popular apps expected this Fall, including GAME GOLF!"

This seems like a copy/paste job from an old Ionic press release. Ionic "launch" is in the future tense so I am guessing that this refers to Fall 2017. How reliable is this post and its source?

Best Answer
0 Votes
this is crazy….. I spoke to “game golf” several times and they assured me that fitbit has had the app for SEVERAL months………

tired of all the lies
Best Answer

If they have it, they must be trying to figure out how it works on the Ionic, I know Game Golf has it out on the Pebble which is now owned by fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have spoken to fitbit ionic team about 20 times…. each time they assured me that when the new update came out that game golf would be ready to go and included in the update…..Well……… update was yesterday……… nothing done as far as game golf goes………….. just a bunch of lies…… I think i will simply return this over priced step counter and call it a day
Best Answer

I wish I could return mine but I don't think the store will take it back.

Best Answer
0 Votes

They are busy with all these other goofy apps and they have release quite a few in the last 2 weeks but I'm not sure who would use them, they are not concentrating on fitness apps like rowing and golf.

Seems like they are trying to be a smart watch, they should leave that to Android wear and concentrate on being a fitness watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone! Thanks for your continued participation on this thread and for your interest in the Game Golf App.

I was checking all of your posts and all I can say is: oops! My apologies! Smiley Embarassed

You are all correct as the wording reflected on the Feature Suggestion and the one I used  was from the official press release. I've followed-up with our Apps team and confirmed that Game Golf has yet to be released for Ionic but is coming soon, sometime in 2018. I personally believe it will definitely not be until Fall but before as it is "coming soon" for a while now! I will keep you all posted on future updates and apologize for any confusion this caused.

Thanks for your continued patience and know this app will be awesome once released.

Stay tuned for updated! I'll keep you posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

I believe that App was promised by the end of October and then by the end of the year. We are now two months into the new year, and now you are saying Sometime in 2018.  Sure looks like a lot of early adopters were missed lead !

Best Answer

Hi SantiFitBit,

I have been involved in the golf GPS industry myself and understand some of the problems you will encounter. I have also offered my help as well as access to data for over 15,000 golf courses worldwide. No one has contacted me!!! I’m a full member of the PGA and have access to the industry to help with promoting the product too. If your company is serious then let’s talk!!

Andrew Kloprogge

PGA Golf Professional
Green Acres Golf Club

Moderator Edit: Personal Info Removed

Best Answer

Hi Santi,

I think this is becoming more confusing.. a lot of people purchased or were gifted an Ionic at Christmas time based on a press release that was issued on or around 5th Dec. It was stated that these apps including Game Golf were “coming soon”

If you are saying that it is likely to be nearly a year until the promise is fulfilled I believe there is going to be a massive problem.

I would suggest that you escalate this internally to the senior management before the public goes to the press and this results in a lot of brand damage for for Fitbit.

Essentially the press release in Dec was nothing but a con to increase sales for the Christmas period and that is not acceptable. Please take the opportunity to escalate before this becomes a public issue for Fitbit.

Hit the alarm button!

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
great point !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Best Answer
0 Votes