Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Arts clock face won't change museums

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have had a Versa 3 for several weeks now and all the works I see on the clockface are from the Smithsonian, nothing else shown from other galleries round the world- which is what Google claims it shows. Is this a glitch on the Fitbit side or the Google side?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
13 REPLIES 13

Hello @IriniB and welcome to the Community.  This is a really interesting clock face.  I'm going to put it on my Sense 2 and see what happens.

There is one thing I can say already.  There is a screenshot in the Gallery that shows an Art Details and Change Stats option.  I can't find it.  If that finger icon means press and hold, that motion activated the feature to switch among clock faces on the device.

I also moved this post to the App Gallery forum.  This is a clock face that is available for several models and it is a better fit for this issue.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@IriniB   I flagged your post to get a moderator's attention.  This clock face certainly doesn't behave like its description.  I think it's a labelling issue on Google's part.  Cooper Hewitt is the Smithsonian's Museum of Design, not an art museum the way you and I seem to think about it.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks a lot!
Best Answer

Welcome to the forums, @IriniB@LZeeW Thanks for the heads up!

@IriniB Thanks for bringing this to our attention. That's odd as I'm also using this clock face but it changes from Smithsonian museums to The Met, and many others. Have you tried installing a different clock face and then switching back to this one? If not, please give it a try and make sure to restart your watch in order to refresh its performance.

@LZeeW Just to clarify, you'll need to tap once on the & icon at the top to see the Art Details, and tap on the screen if you want to cycle through all the stats.

Best Answer

@LizzyFitbit   I finally got something different.  I honestly had day after day after day of Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum.  I feel a little silly about the screenshot I questioned.  I thought that was a screen I would see, not that it was describing where to tap.  I was doing that all along.  I still have that clock face in my collection, but I don't use it much.  I prefer a clock face that has more stats on the face and no tapping.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same described problem, but neither of your recommendations helps.

The clock showed pictures only from the Smithsonian Museum for a week, and nothing changed after using your recommendation to fix it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, Yes I've tried several times to apply another clockface, restart the watch, even left that on display overnight then the next day apply the Arts face again and I still get the Cooper Hewitt pics. I don't want to do a factory reset, any other suggestions? Thanks

Best Answer

Hi there, @LZeeW and @IriniB@Svi. Welcome on board.

Thanks for providing additional information, and the steps that you've tried. I understand how much you'd like to see art from other museums, and I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. Due to the unusual behavior, we're keeping our team informed of the impact to all our members and we'll keep monitoring this situation.

In the meantime, please make sure to keep your watch and Fitbit app updated to the latest version as this will ensure their correct performance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LizzyFitbit   If you haven't read it, this is from the clock face description.  "Google Arts & Culture works with cultural institutions and artists around the world to preserve and bring the world's art and culture online so it's accessible to anyone, anywhere."

I used this clock face for over a month and I got images from the Metropolitan Museum of Art (once) and four or five Smithsonian Museums (all the rest).  This clock face isn't living up to its description, so please pass this on to your teams.

@IriniB  @Svi.  I gave up on this clock face and gave it one star in the Gallery ratings.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Best Answer
Hello,
Yes I also gave up on this. Thank you
Best Answer

Hi there, @LZeeW and @IriniB.

Thank you for your continued reports. I understand that the art display should include more Museums than the ones mentioned in this thread. I've informed our team about this matter, but I don't have more information or a time frame for the fix.

I apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your detailed feedback. The input we receive from our members helps us evaluate and improve our devices.

Best Answer

Hello, thank you for your help. I changed this and use another clock face now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, I also checked this clock face for a month, and has the same situation as @LZeeW discribed.

It's a bit sad, because I enjoyed Google art clock face before it started to show Smithsonian museums only.

I also gave up on this. I changed Google art clock face to another, but it's the same screen for every day and I miss the variety used to be by Google art.

If there will be any update about Google art clock face, let me please know.

Thanks.

Best Answer