Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Delete Old Notifications from Fitbit App on Phone

Even if I don't get resolution to my issue, I hope this post will provide some information that will save others some time and frustration.
I have hundreds of old notifications from Fitbit in the Fitbit app on my Android (Samsung) phone. When I log into Fitbit online, there are no notifications, but I haven't found a good way to remove them as a group from my phone. I would like to know if there is a way to easily delete all of the old notifications from the app on my phone. My wife has the same issue with the Fitbit app on her iPhone.
I can delete one notification at a time by touching and holding on an individual notification. A delete option pops up for the one notification. This seems to work, but surely there is a better way to remove hundreds of notifications, Just to be clear, these are notifications from Fitbit saying things like "5 day exercise goal reached - you crushed it!" and "Nailed it! You met your step goal for today." Some have stated that notifications are automatically deleted after 30 days, but they are still there on my phone from years ago although they do not appear when I check notifications in my account online.
Here are things I have tried so far after doing some research:
I tried swiping up to look for "Clear all".
I have tried swiping down to look for "Clear all"
I have tried swiping left, and nothing changes. I tried swiping to the right and it just switches from notifications to messages.
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
I opened Settings, Apps, FItbit, Storage, and tried "Clear cache" and "Clear data"
I tried logging out and back in.
I called technical support and was told that it wasn't a Fitbit problem. The agent did attempt to be helpful, but ultimately I was told that it was in the phone even though I am looking at notifications from Fitbit in the Fitbit app.
At this point, I probably could have already deleted the messages one at a time (and it probably isn't that big of a deal since each notification is only a couple of lines of text), but I kept hoping that I could find a solution that would work. Of course, it also has become a challenge.
From what I found in my research, it seems that some of the solutions I tried may have worked at one point, but they didn't work for me today. I would like to know if anybody has a solution that will work in 2024, even if I learn that I missed something simple. Otherwise I will either just let it go or do it the "one at a time" route...
Maybe it's just me, but I think that any app that sends multiple notifications per day should have a good way to delete a group of notifications....

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @Hiker951 and welcome to the Community.  I can tell you for certain that they don't disappear after 30 days.  The only way to delete them is one at a time.  I can help you make them stop.

• Tap on your profile picture/gear icon in the upper right
  • Tap on Notifications

This takes you to the page where you can manage your push and email notifications from Fitbit.  All are off in my push notification section.  Three are on in my email section and they are Weekly Summary, News and Updates, and Research Invites.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the comments! I had already turned notifications off, and just wanted to get rid of the old ones which were all from 2017 and 2018. While looking for a solution, I found a lot of discussion that appeared to be, at best, out of date. I have mostly deleted the old notifications now, but still have a few so I can try any solutions that are proposed. This is a case where I have expended more effort than it was worth, but hope it will benefit someone else and I think your experience and comments are helpful.

Best Answer