Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Develop Golf App for Fitbit Devices

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'd like to write a golf app that is 100% controlled using voice commands.  For instance, the user says "shoot", the app records the gps location and records a stroke for the players score. The app would always respond verbally to each recognized command thru a connected Bluetooth headset.

I have a Sense which, I believe, has a microphone and gps so the hardware is there.

I have an Android mobile app that is 99.9% but am frustrated that Android is not ready for an app to be 100% voice controlled. 

With a Fitbit app, I'm assuming my Android phone (or Windows tablet?) would be storing the game data.

I've never written an app for a wearable device but am willing to invest in the learning curve. 

Is such an app feasible?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @BJE57.

Thanks for the details shared in your post. Since this is more like a technical inquiry, I recommend you to check our website for information on how to start creating apps for Fitbit. You might also want to check our Web API Development board where you can get more details from our developers.

Thanks for stopping by, see you around!

If my post was helpful, you can vote for it. You can also mark it as Best Answer if it was what you were looking for!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @BJE57.

Thanks for the details shared in your post. Since this is more like a technical inquiry, I recommend you to check our website for information on how to start creating apps for Fitbit. You might also want to check our Web API Development board where you can get more details from our developers.

Thanks for stopping by, see you around!

If my post was helpful, you can vote for it. You can also mark it as Best Answer if it was what you were looking for!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks,  I'll post this question on the Development Board.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit should start with a golf range  finder App first. They don't have one on the Versa 4.

Best Answer
0 Votes