Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup the Weather App

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I received an Ionic for Christmas but I am unable to work out how to get the Weather App to work.

I currently get the message "Go to the Fitbit App to setup the Weather"

Thanks

Best Answer
102 REPLIES 102

@schalmer wrote:

Does the weather app work in Australia?

https://www.fitbit.com/au/partnership lists a number of apps but not the AccuWeather App.  However, according to my Windows 10 Fitbit app, it is installed.  But when I tap it on my ionic screen it says "No location information: go to the Fitbit app to set up weather"

I am in Australia same ISSUE as you....Wollongong!...wheel spins nothing!!

Best Answer

@schalmer wrote:

Does the weather app work in Australia?

https://www.fitbit.com/au/partnership lists a number of apps but not the AccuWeather App.  However, according to my Windows 10 Fitbit app, it is installed.  But when I tap it on my ionic screen it says "No location information: go to the Fitbit app to set up weather"

I am in Australia same ISSUE as you....Wollongong!...wheel spins nothing!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I managed to synch the weather once.  The gear wheel appeared. but every other time that i go to the weather app page there is no gear gear wheel. 

Best Answer

Yeah there sure is an ISSUE!!

@schalmer wrote:

I managed to synch the weather once.  The gear wheel appeared. but every other time that i go to the weather app page there is no gear gear wheel. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I had the same problem and then I uninstalled the Fitbit app on my Windows 10 machine, rebooted and re-installed the App. The Gear icon is now being displayed

Best Answer
0 Votes

but does it work????

Best Answer
0 Votes

@caddickd wrote:

Hi,

I had the same problem and then I uninstalled the Fitbit app on my Windows 10 machine, rebooted and re-installed the App. The Gear icon is now being displayed

yeah does it work any location weather details??

Best Answer
0 Votes

The solution isn't working for me.  I go to the Ionic settings and open applications but it only lists the ones I had before and weather isn't an option.  How do I add it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear  weather app developers...

The link below is to a country called Australia.  It is the place where there are Kangaroos. 

It also has cities and towns in it that are not in the United States.

Your employer, fitbit, sells the fitbit iconic in this country called Australia.

SO HOW ABOUT FIXING THE WEATHER APP SO IT KNOWS ABOUT CITIES AND TOWNS IN AUSTRALIA LIKE ALL THE OTHER MOBILE WEATHER APPLICATIONS MANAGE TO DO.
https://www.lonelyplanet.com/maps/pacific/australia/

Thank You
Rob
from a town called Ballarat In Victoria, in Australia ..
Man Happy

Best Answer

I can't find 'weather' in applications?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve had my Fitbit Ionic for a little less than a week now and have had trouble with that weather app too. What works for me is changing the privacy settings on my iPhone.  

Settings, Privacy, Location Services (On), Fitbit, Allow Location Access, Always. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi!

I hope you have solved the problem by now. If not, here is a solution for iOS devices:

- Go to Settings on your iPhone

- Select Privacy

- Select Positioning

- Select Fitbit app in the list and Select Not Allowed

- Go back in the Menue

- Sync your Fitbit device with the iPhone

- Go back to the Settings and Select Alway allow for the Fitbit app

- Sync your device and now you will see that the Weather app is working

I have Norwegian menu so I am just guessing what the menues on the iPhone is in English (in case it should be somewhat different from what I wrote).

Good luck!

Best Answer

That Worked !!!.  Thanks for the tip !

Rob

Best Answer
0 Votes

Obvious what about the fitbit versa?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi!

I believe the workaround I described will work exactly the same for Fitbit Versa. I suspect the problem is in the Fitbit software on the phone, and not the watch itself.

Good luck!

Best Answer
Thank you for your prompt reply. It is appreciated.

Impossible is not a fact, it is an opinion.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@jlyder Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for sharing the steps that helped you to sort this out. It is great! I'm sure this will be helpful for other users who might be experiencing the same. 

@R0bl @Kronos48 It's great to see you in the Fitbit family! I'm so glad to see that you were able to find some help at the Fitbit forums. Hopefully, other users will benefit from this thread too.

Also, feel free to take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
Thank you for your support and understanding. It's great to have a Fitbit
Community who cares about others. Have a safe and enjoyable summer.
Best Answer

@Kronos48 You are very welcome! I'm really glad to read that you found this Community to be helpful to find answers.

Please take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

Have an excellent summer. See you around! Smiley Very Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

I can’t get my charge 3 weather app to work. There is no save when I put the names of places in. On my watch it says to sync with my phone. The watch it’s self is already synced with the app on my phone. .???

Best Answer
0 Votes