Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to setup the Weather App

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I received an Ionic for Christmas but I am unable to work out how to get the Weather App to work.

I currently get the message "Go to the Fitbit App to setup the Weather"

Thanks

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@caddickd, in the Fitbit app, open the Ionic device screen, select apps -> My Apps -> Weather -> Settings Gear Icon.   There, set it to Current Location, or add preferred cities that you wish to know the weather in, and save it. Sync the tracker.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
102 REPLIES 102

@caddickd, in the Fitbit app, open the Ionic device screen, select apps -> My Apps -> Weather -> Settings Gear Icon.   There, set it to Current Location, or add preferred cities that you wish to know the weather in, and save it. Sync the tracker.

Best Answer

Thank you for your help. it has worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

i also got the ionic for Christmas but no matter what i try the weather will not work 

i have reset and re installed but my location will not show and i cant add location

not very impressed at £300

Best Answer

got the ionic for Christmas but no matter what i try the weather will not work 

i have reset 3 times and re installed but my current location will not show and i cant add location

not very impressed at £300

Best Answer

I also received the fitbit ionic for Christmas and am having the same issue with the weather app not working.  The weather app will not accept any input for location.  I have tried all the hints from the community but the app still doesn't work. 

I rated the fitbit 2 stars on the google play store because of this and received a reply from some guy at fitbit instructing me to turn on All day sync.  All day sync has been on so that was useless input.  I also went to fitbit chat and chatted with someone named Eileen who told me to try again tomorrow as if it would magically begin working then.  Well, it is now tomorrow and the app still  doesn't work.

I like the watch a lot but it is very annoying that fitbit packages obviously buggy and problematic software with the watch and then offers no useful help to fix the problem. 

Best Answer

i may send this back and get a full refund as it doesn't work, mine set to sync all day been outside with GPS on still wont work.....will not see my current location or allow me to input any i type in 

fitbit please develop a weather app that works 

Best Answer

Hi,

After USAF-Larry assisted the weather App has been working without any issues. I am very happy with my Fitbit Iconic

Best Answer
Pity mine will not work :_(
Best Answer
0 Votes

I just spent about 45 minutes with a guy on the help chat about this.  So far, I have spent 4-5 hours fussing with this issue.  After lots of effort, he ended up telling me that it takes 3-4 days for the Ionic to recognize the location from my phone and that I should wait a few more days to see if the Ionic recognizes my location. 

This seams really silly since I have already had the device for 4 days and that all other things with my phone and any other computer devices are recognized instantaneously.  It just doesn't make sense that the watch should take a week to recognize my location from my phone especially since it accepts all other synced data with no issues.

Best Answer

mines going back to the shop tomorrow

weather will not work.....music will not connect to the watch......wifi issues 

not worth £300

Best Answer
0 Votes

Okay ... usually not this slow ... but I followed USAF-Larry -- opened the Fitbit app on my phone, and it takes me to the dashboard.  I see no gears. What in the heck am I missing????

GOT IT!  I had no gears -- Dashboard opened, touched the ICONIC at top of screen (on phone), it took me to ICONIC items, clicked on APPLICATIONS, then able to set weather and all...

Best Answer

Does the weather app work in Australia?

https://www.fitbit.com/au/partnership lists a number of apps but not the AccuWeather App.  However, according to my Windows 10 Fitbit app, it is installed.  But when I tap it on my ionic screen it says "No location information: go to the Fitbit app to set up weather"

Best Answer
0 Votes

The default "Current Location" didn't work for me in Australia. I had to manually add cities to it and some Australian cities didn't exist in the database - for example, coolangatta. 

The app only lets you add 2 manual cities. It's quite limiting like that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm new to the ionic and had a lot of trouble setting it up https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/Unable-to-setup-the-Ionic-on-a-Windows-10-computer/m-p/2377612

I go to the Windows10 fitbit app, click on the account icon which looks a bit like a credit card, then click on my ionic.  I have a menu bar "clocks, apps, media, how to use, accessories"

I click on apps and am taken to the "apps gallery" which lists all my apps

starting with Wallet (Fitbit) Strava, Settings etc.

Weather (fitbit) is 9th on the list. Clicking on it
I get the app description and a greyed out installed button. with app details.

I can't see how to manually install anything.  Could you give more details please?

Best Answer

Well on my iOS Fitbit app, when you follow the path you have described, there's a gear icon next to the weather app. Touching the gear icon allows you to setup the cities for the weather app. That's the only settings available for it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you RoyceL.  Alas, there does not appear to be a gear icon next to any of the downloadable apps in the Windows10 Fitbit app.  

I'm also having trouble again with my wifi.  I tried to install the altimeter app with no success.

Best Answer
0 Votes

M

@USAF-Larry wrote:

I have the same issue as the person who started this email chain.  I do these steps, but there is no settings gear icon, no settings link.  I don't even have the option to uninstall the app....what do i do next?

Best Answer
0 Votes

this is the same situation that I have.  I even checked my phone to make sure the settings were correct there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Another  ISSUE if you are in Australia that Fitbit Dev Team needs to fix.....but love the IONIC!!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes