Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing the Starbucks app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Computer Fitbit program >Ionic >Apps>App Gallery>Starbucks Card>Settings

When I select the Starbucks settings I am unable to enter the Starbucks Card Number.  The "add your card number" will not accept any input. Two Fitbit chats at several hours could not solve the problem. I reinstalled Fitbit, reinstalled bluetooth connection,deleted charge HR.

Note- Apps do not appear on my phone's fitbit program. I have not yet burned incense or sacrificed a virgin. 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

After many hours chatting and emailing several people I received the final word that my computer/phone are not compatible. I sadly accepted the infomation.

Today I tried one more thing:

Ionic>Apps>All Apps>Lifestyle - View All>Starbucks Card>Settings> Enter Starbucks Number 

I was able to enter my number. It Worked!!!!!!  When I clicked the Starbucks Icon on my Ionic a barcode appeared. I can't wait to try it.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

@ok1wire Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Are you doing this from the Fitbit App? Please double check that the info you are entering about the card is correct. Also, please register your card at https://www.starbucks.com/ or on the Starbucks mobile app. 

What do you mean by "apps do not appear on my phone's Fitbit program"? You don't see any apps at all? How did you had access to the Starbucks one? Are you able to access the Fitbit App Gallery to download apps?

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have spent hours chatting with Fitbit with no results. It seems strange that other people have been able to activate the Starbucks app with ease. I have tried deleting and then reinstalling the Fitbit app from phone and computer. I have removed the app from the computer Bluetooth. I have restarted the ionic. I have removed the Charge HR from the system. 

See below for my answers

@ok1wire Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Are you doing this from the Fitbit App? Yes I have the app on computer and cell phone Please double check that the info you are entering about the card is correct. On the computer-I go to the apps gallery and click on the Starbucks app. I Click settings and then click Starbucks number.  Add your card  is frozen. I cannot enter anything. Also, please register your card at https://www.starbucks.com/ or on the Starbucks mobile app. My card was already registered at Starbucks.

What do you mean by "apps do not appear on my phone's Fitbit program"? You don't see any apps at all? No apps are seen on the phone. How did you had access to the Starbucks one? See previous paragraph.  Are you able to access the Fitbit App Gallery to download apps? Yes - on the computer. I am able to download other apps. I just downloaded Altimeter.

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

After many hours chatting and emailing several people I received the final word that my computer/phone are not compatible. I sadly accepted the infomation.

Today I tried one more thing:

Ionic>Apps>All Apps>Lifestyle - View All>Starbucks Card>Settings> Enter Starbucks Number 

I was able to enter my number. It Worked!!!!!!  When I clicked the Starbucks Icon on my Ionic a barcode appeared. I can't wait to try it.

Best Answer

Whew!  That was a  lot of work to go through just to get a cup of coffee.  Smiley LOL

Best Answer

@ok1wire Thanks for your update on this. I'm very glad to hear that it finally worked! Have you tried already at Starbucks?

I also have a phone that is not listed as compatible and most of the Ionic features work for me. I think the same will happen to you!

Have you had any other difficulties with any other Ionic feature?

@SunsetRunner Smiley LOL

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Worked like a charm.

Heart rate is way too high when comparing it with my Charge HR and Garmin.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ok1wire Thanks for your reply! Glad to hear it worked like a charm!

Regarding the heart rate, you might like to check the wrist placement you are using. It may affect the accuracy of it if it is too tight on your wrist. Wearing it two to three fingers from your wrist bone is also recommended. Please check this post for more details.

Also, check this helpful article about heart rate for even more details. I'm sure you will find this helpful.

Try that out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes
The suggested procedures did not work. I still got inflated heart rate readings.

However, today on the treadmill I got good readings. Maybe the activity selected has an effect on the data. I originally used Workout when I used the treadmill. I recently learned how to insert Treadmill in my Ionic. With Treadmill selected, treadmill data was good.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

@ok1wire Thanks for your reply and for providing that information regarding your treadmill workouts. 

I think you are correct. Treadmill tracking data got better as you started using the treadmill option, which is design for this specific activity. If you select the workout option your watch will think assume you are doing a different kind of activity and will get confused, so it is possible for it to give data that may seem a bit off.

I'm glad to hear that it is now providing accurate data.

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want. If you are looking for Fitbit friends to compete with on challenges, check this thread to add some! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

The starbucks app seems to be missing from the list of apps

Best Answer

It could depend on your country. Where are you located? As far as I remember Starbucks app, for some inexplicable reason, is available only in US and Canada.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I Sure wish i could have  your luck.....fustration shows on my heart rate...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@wayoutdere wrote:

I Sure wish i could have  your luck.....fustration shows on my heart rate...

Not sure what luck are you speaking about and to who you are referring. 

Are you saying you can't download the Starbucks application? What is your country of residence / set in your Fitbit profile?

It's kinda difficult to understand you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ćannot add Starbucks card on Samsung galaxy 9 for Fitbit Versa. Under Starbucks settings, there is no way to enter the number. Tried reinstalling. Nothing works. ☹️

Best Answer
0 Votes

This still did not work for me. I frequently use my Fitbit Versa Starbucks app and out of the blue it said there was “No Starbucks Card”. I have no idea what happened. And I cannot fix the problem. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Forgive my ignorance but what do you mean by ionic? I have a Versa Fitbit 

Best Answer
0 Votes