Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interactive Fiction?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I was wondering if anyone would enjoy playing text adventure games on their Fitbit device? I mean the kind of games we used to play on the old 8-bit computers, where you would type (for example) "go South" or "give the coins to the troll". 😂

I've been having a long think and I   think it might just be possible with the Fitbit's 64K of RAM per app. I would need to write a game engine (interpreter) and keep most of the actual content on the device's storage (Fitbit allows 10MB per app which is enough for the Bible so that's not an issue).

Obviously typing is impossible so you would have to select from a set of choices like in the Monkey Island games.

If I was to write such an app I would need to charge for it as I'd be writing both code and prose which is just too much work for a free app. Is anyone interested?

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hi there @AlexProphet, welcome to the Community Forums. This is a great idea my friend, let's see what other users think about this. 😉

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes