Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic hue app not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I can’t get the Hue app to work on my New Ionic. I’ve enabled all permissions and added the hub’s IP address as requested in the app. The first time I tried to use the app, it asked me to push the button on the hub, which I did. The app then closed itself. Now, whenever I try to open the app on my watch, it says, “Please wait... checking for a connection to a bridge” and then it either closes itself again or never leaves the “Please wait” screen. Maybe two or three times it actually opened the app for a second or two but then closed again. I’ve tried uninstalling/reinstalling the app, signed out/in, restarted the phone, made sure the watch and phone are on the same wifi network and bluetooth synced and everything else I could think of. I love the Ionic so far but I just want the advertised apps to work as they should. ps... I also use the Nest app (and others) and it has worked flawlessly. TIA for any help!

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hey there @Yippiechicken, it's nice to see you around here! Smiley Very Happy Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot this inconvenience on your own, nice way to go! 

I would start by making confirming your Hue system is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your phone. 

Once you have confirmed, open the Hue Lights app on your Ionic. The app should then start searching for your Hue bridge. When prompted on your Ionic, press the pairing button on your bridge to complete the pairing process. Have you checked if Hue doesn't have a pending update? You can update the bridge's software by navigating to the settings tab of the Phillips Hue production app (not the Fitbit version).  

Screenshot_20171215-152935.jpg

Also, I would recommend taking a look at this article, as it is full of great tips and best practices on how to set up apps on Ionic. 

Hope this helps, let me know how it goes! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Marre - Thanks for the reply.

To address your points/suggestions-

- I only have one WiFi network and both the watch and the Hue system are connected to it.

- That is how I setup the app.  When I pair the bridge and the Ionic app by pressing the button on the bridge when instructed, I know it is pairing because in the Ionic Hue app, the Settings screen shows the proper bridge IP and says,”Nicely done!  Your IP is valid and now you can enjoy the app.”  Unfortunately the app still won’t open when I press the Hue icon on the Ionic app screen.  When I push the icon, the screen changes to,”Please wait...Checking for a connection to a Bridge” and then it closes back to the main app screen in about 5-10 seconds. Once in a while it will just stay on the “Please wait...” screen until I manually push the left/back button on the Ionic, which takes me back to the main Ionic app screen.

- I did check and there are no new updates available for the Ionic Hue app, the phone Hue app (nor the bridges software) or the phone itself (Galaxy S9).

- I also read the article you linked (and MANY others) and have not run across anything I have not tried to remedy this.

This specific app was one of the many reasons why I decided to purchase the Ionic so I’d really like to get it working.  Let me know if you need any further information.

Thanks for your help.

Best Answer

Can anyone tell me if they’ve actually gotten the hue app working on the Ionic?

Best Answer
0 Votes