Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layers clock face stuck in 24h format

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After my Versa 2 stopped working, for no reason at all, I took the discount offered by Fitbit and got a Versa 4. I installed the Layers clock I love and just found out it's impossible to get it to be a 12 hour clock!!! With all the frustration of the Versa 2 inexplicably dying, spending another 200$ for a Versa 4, it would be nice if a simple watch face would work!!! 

Yes, I've tried all the suggestions in the forum already. Looking for other ideas or other watch face suggestions. Thanks!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Welcome back to the Fitbit community, @BreeH!

Sad to hear you're having issues with your Versa 4. Could you please check whether or not other digital clock faces are working in 12 hour mode on your device? If not please check if your Versa 4 in general is to 12 hour mode by having a look here on how to do that:

How do I change the time on my Fitbit device? 

Talahthas, Fitbit Community Council
Charge, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Versa 2, Charge 5, Versa 4, Aria, Aria 2, Pixel 4a, Pixel 7
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, other faces work just fine. I am using a different one now, but have always preferred the Layers one.

Also, i removed a bunch of tiles in the application but they still appear on the versa4 for some reason. Yes, I have synced (about 5 times). Not sure if I am misunderstanding something. 

Best Answer

Thanks for reporting back, @BreeH.

Having had a look at the thread I've linked below, there indeed seems to be an issue with 12 hour mode on clock face "Layers":

Layers clock face inquiry 

So, at least, there's nothing wrong with your Versa 4 itself regarding that.

Charge, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Versa 2, Charge 5, Versa 4, Aria, Aria 2, Pixel 4a, Pixel 7
Best Answer
0 Votes

As this is a Fitbit face and many users have reported issues, is there any hope of having it fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@BreeH   I put that clock face on my Sense 2, which has the same operating system.  I double, triple, and quadruple checked my app settings to make sure my clock display setting stayed on 12 hour.  Layers stayed on a 24 hour format and my other stored clocks showed a 12 hour format.

I moved this post to the App Gallery forum, a better fit.  It involves more than one device.  I also flagged your post to notify a moderator to file a bug report.  No moderator answered in the thread linked by @Talahthas and it is locked for comments.  I don't think a bug report got filed.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thanks for having reproduced this issue on your device, @LZeeW.
I've already opened a ticket on that issue, @BreeH.

Best Answer

Hi there, @BreeH@Talahthas and @LZeeW Thanks for the heads up, and your amazing help!

@BreeH Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and for troubleshooting your Versa 4 prior to posting. I'm sorry for this inconvenience and I've reported this to our team so they can look into this. I'll update this thread as soon as I have more details. In the meantime, please try using a different clock face on your watch so you can see the time in 12 hour format.

Regarding your other inquiry, let me recommend the following steps to manage the Tiles displayed on your watch:

1. Open the Fitbit app, tap your profile picture > your device image.
  2. Tap Gallery. Then tap Tiles at the top.
  3. To remove a tile, you can either:
    Tap on each stat and then select Uninstall, or
    Scroll down, tap Manage My Tiles and the X icon next to each stat to remove it.
  4. In case you want to rearrange the order, tap and hold the grid icon. Then move the tile up or down in the list, and release it to place it in a new position.
  5. Make sure to sync in order to apply the changes.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for looking into the watch face. I am using a different one for now. 

As for the tiles - I did all of those steps and even if they are uninstalled on the app, they still appear on the fitbit. Not the end of the world, but frustrating. 

Best Answer

Hi @BreeH. You're welcome, and thanks to you for your patience.

Regarding your other concern, please note the tiles on the Today screen of the Fitbit app will differ from the tiles displayed on your Versa 4. For this reason, to adjust the tiles on the watch, you need to do it in the Gallery section.

In the screenshot below, I don't have Weather and Main Goal added as tiles, but I have the rest of the tiles with a checkmark added to my watch.

LizzyFitbit_0-1692380043570.jpeg

If you're going to this screen but the tiles you're removing still have a checkmark next to them, please let me know and provide me with the model of your phone so I can look into this.

Best Answer

Thank you for the screenshot. On that same screen I have uninstalled Exercise and Timers. All of the others have a checkmark. For the first few days I would still see Exercise and Timers but I don't anymore. Not sure when/how this resolved. thanks

Best Answer

Hi there, @BreeH.

You're welcome. I'm glad the selected tiles are now showing on your Versa 4 and thanks for your efforts. Our team continues working on the Layers clock face and once I have more details, I'll update this thread.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any update on this face? It seems to be a longstanding issue with a simple fix, no?

Best Answer
0 Votes