Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My new metronome app.

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Free to download at http://coolcatukes.com/a_180406_metronome.shtml

Set the tempo by tapping the BPM you want. Supports 4/4, 3/4 and 2/4 time.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

Embedded developer, www.ambientpower.co.uk
Ukulele stuff, www.coolcatukes.com
Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

You rock it @AmbientPowerWoman Very Happy Thanks so much for sharing the name and the link of your Metronome app. 

I'll definitely download it and give it a shot! Is there a way to contact you directly in case we have feedback, suggestions or even questions? 

I've moved your post to the Fitbit App Gallery since your post is more related to this board. 

Keep me posted! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
25 REPLIES 25

You rock it @AmbientPowerWoman Very Happy Thanks so much for sharing the name and the link of your Metronome app. 

I'll definitely download it and give it a shot! Is there a way to contact you directly in case we have feedback, suggestions or even questions? 

I've moved your post to the Fitbit App Gallery since your post is more related to this board. 

Keep me posted! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

You can contact me via the contacts in the website, or to info@ambientpower.co.uk.

Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

...and thanks! Fitbit are pretty quick, it's also now properly available in the gallery.

Best Answer

@AmbientPower - any chance of getting the metronome to be faster than 200bpm?  The free tempo app goes to 400bpm?  Also - does it support a single click (like 1/4) rather than actual time signatures?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Adding 1/4 time will be fine, 400BPM may be an issue for the tap detection, but I'll take a look. Thanks for the comments.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just published V1.01 with both of these mods.

Best Answer

@AmbientPower I hope you're doing well! Wow, thanks for your fast reply regarding the suggestion received. It is awesome that you took it into consideration and implemented it. Thank you!

@guitarshreda Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Have you downloaded the update of this app already? It includes the mods you were asking! Isn't that so cool? Let us know how is it!

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Awesome. Would like to be able to adjust the strength (if possible) and duration of the clicks.

Regardless awesome app. I came here because I thought I might write an app like this myself but you beat me to it!

Best Answer

Thanks for your comments, the strength is controlled by the API, they are already at maximum. I'll note the duration for a future revision.

Best Answer

I am loving the metronome app.

Is there any way I can have the metronome run in the background so I can start the exercise app and view the onscreen stats as I run?  Viewing distance and lapsed time is important to me.  

Best Answer

Sorry, no. The app can't run in the background. I made it for musicians, but it's interesting that runners are using it, too! It may be a modification I can add.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner @Lisa90lisa Thanks for your replies and for sharing those suggestions. I'm sure your suggestions will help the developer for future updates (if it is possible to implement).

@AmbientPower While using this app I can tell it is a very good one for musicians! It's great to have something like this on our wrists. Keep up the good job! 

See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Any plans to support charge3?

Best Answer

Hey there @LThdwYm4, it's nice to see you around here! For anything else you would like to see implemented in the future, consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board. This is a space where Community users can post features, ideas, and suggestions that they'd like to see in future Fitbit products, accessories, and software and top-voted suggestions get relayed to our product team for review. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. 

Our product team looks forward to reading and incorporating your suggestions into future versions of Fitbit trackers and apps. 

Let me know if there's anything else I may assist you with.

Best Answer

For anyone that wants a metronome app for other devices not currently supported, vote here: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Add-a-mentronome-app-for-Charge3-and-any-others-...

Best Answer

Hey there @LThdwYm4! Thanks for sharing the new link to this new feature suggestion. Smiley Very Happy

Let us know if you have any questions! 

Best Answer

Would really like this app for my charge2. Please consider an update for  Charge fitbit users

Best Answer
0 Votes

Daryl, Charge watches do not support Apps, so this is not possible.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will this work if separated from phone? Also, does it work if streaming music on watch? 

Best Answer
0 Votes