Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New App Rollback

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

New App is useless.

Searched on Google "download older fitbit app"  There IS a site with all the older versions. Shows up as "Older Versions of Fitbit (Android)".

Was able to download the August 21, 2023 version (the one previous to the massive UI redesign) and it is working perfectly.  Then went into Fitbit on Google Play and set the app to NOT auto update.  

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Brilliant! Can confirm it works! Thanks so much!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You are so very welcome. Don't forget to turn off auto update in Google Play for the app.

Best Answer

Thanks - was hoping I could do that just for Fitbit but now it's for all apps but hey ho.

Also did a soft reset of the watch which has restored its ability to count floors.

Best Answer

You can turn auto-update off just for Fitbit.   Checked my phone.  go the actual Fitbit app in Google Play (like you were going to install the first time or leave a comment).  Click the 3 dots at the upper right, It will have

Flag as inappropriate

Enable auto update (with a check box)   ----  uncheck the box.

That's what I did with my phone and the other apps are updating just fine.

Best Answer
Brilliant! Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes

You're very welcome 😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is up to down.com the site you used.  This is what popped up for me.  I got a warning message that the download might be harmful, so I didn’t proceed.  What do you think.  Did you get this warning as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ldurrer, Yes it is..  and you will get that warning any time you download an app other than from Google Play.  That site is kind of like "filehippo.com" but for Android..   they maintain older versions.   You will also need to allow your phone to "install from unknown sources".   Just installed the older app on my sister's phone..  On hers, actually had to install their "appstore" app to be able to do so.  And hers is now working exactly as it used to 😀.    If you have to install their appstore, just go into the settings after and set it to not update anything and not send you notifications..  As well as going into Google Play, going to the FitBit app and un-checking auto-update.

Best Answer

Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You're very welcome 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks so much! I was just about to stop using the app altogether since they took away so many features like editing automatic activities like "sport" to pickleball! Funny how pickleball isn't even listed as an activity. I love that I can now see the app as it looked previously, instead of the new lazy graphics that seems aimed towards kindergartners.

Best Answer