Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New clocks and apps!

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Not sure if it was only me but this morning i noticed i had new options on my Fitbit app on my iPhone as i got to browse threw different clock faces and apps. I just figured all this was really "Live" but now i'm not so sure. The user created clock faces are gone and so are the apps. Luckily whatever i downloaded is still there and I am very happy with the "Nothing Special" Clock by MicroByte.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Moderator edit: edited title for format & added label

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone. I merged these threads together to help keep the community tidy. 

New apps are coming soon so stay tuned, we’ll let you know when there is news to share.  

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
18 REPLIES 18

So I’m tinkering around in the app and notice that all of the sudden there are 3rd party apps for the ionic available as well as 3rd party watch faces. Yet when I select one, I am faced with a button that reads “your device is unable to download at this time” instead of a download button. Does this mean I should be expecting a firmware update soon for my ionic and if so. How do I install it.IMG_7161.jpg

This is a screen shot of one of many apps and clock faces I was able to view. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Today I was briefly able to see Fitbit studio faces, and add them to my Ionic. For some reason I no longer have that option???? Any ideas? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well apparently it is no longer up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Rose-screenshot (1).png same here 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep - I could see the App Store last night but now it's gone. Although I couldn't download anything as it was saying that I cannot install the app/clockface on this device. 

I guess we need to wait for a new firmware release and then we'll have access to the App Store again and will be able to install stuff. 

Any insights from the Fitbit team on when we could expect that?

Best Answer
0 Votes

And must say it looks exciting. There are 4 categories a few 3rd party apps that could not be installed. I only saw it breifly after closing and reopening the app it reverted back to the app gallery we see now. Also there was a pop up promoted to use Pandora app, ect.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I saw it yesterday as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit needs to get on here and respond to people.  And at least shed some light.  I see more unhappy people than happy people with the new watch.  

Best Answer

^^^^^ You are reading a help forum, as such you will see lots of negitive posts as people complain about issues with their new toy. 

That said Fitbit has said the app gallery is due for holiday shopping season, so at any time now. 

As for demanding answers from Fitbit I am sure that will get you far.....

Best Answer

where did you get that clockface?  Is it sad I bought this thing to get access to more clockfaces?  🙂 I wish Fitbit would step it up and open access to community created clockfaces.  

@beardz wrote:

Rose-screenshot (1).png same here 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I saw it too!  I was super excited.  

There were TONS of watch faces!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yesterday I somehow magically had access to this and many other user made faces. A lot of which were really great. Later in the day they were gone... I will say that I think we are all sort of early Ionic adopters and the OS will expand as we go along. There's a lot of functions that I want to see added (run/walk notifications in running app etc) that I HOPE Fitbit will work in (along with more faces.) Or else I'm going back to Garmin. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This was my favorite one aside from Ytime. I WANT IT TO COME BACK!!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. I merged these threads together to help keep the community tidy. 

New apps are coming soon so stay tuned, we’ll let you know when there is news to share.  

Want to get more deep sleep? Join the discussion on our Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

I got lucky and downloaded it before it was taken down. After realizing fitbit should have a place where devs can throw there ideas around, I found myself on there discord. In the "gam" channel they post there ideas (clock faces, apps etc...). Something to look at if your interested. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I suspect that with the new update coming out today fitbit may have simply turned that on for a short while yesterday to test that it was working... But that is just a guess.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Love the new clock faces, just wondering how long till we see more added, or do we need to wait for another update

Best Answer
0 Votes

The new apps are wonderful! And the clock faces are much appreciated!

I wish the update had taken less time - I couldn't get it through wifi for some reason so I had to do it using bluetooth and, wow, did that take awhile. Started it at 7pm last night and it was finally done when I woke up at 3am this morning to use the bathroom. 

Best Answer
0 Votes