Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to install an app I've created using its private link.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've created and app, and published it. The Gallery App Manager says my app is available via a private link. I'd like to install the app using the private link to see how it works. However, when I click the link I get 'Directing you to Gallery in Fitbit mobile application' message and nothing happens. I went to my mobile app and looked thru the available apps buy my does not show up. How can I install my app using the link? ( I don't want to use Developer Mode to Sideload the app.

thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hey there @DanMacLeod, it's nice to see you around the forums! I'm glad to hear you're interested in developing apps for Fitbit. 

To make sure your app was developed accordingly, can you please confirm that you've followed the steps in the article How do I develop a new apps for the Fitbit App Gallery?

All the information you need to develop apps is detailed there. Give it a look and let me know if you have questions, I'll be around! Robot Very Happy

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I followed the instructions in the article you mentioned. The app was published and is available via a private link. However, when I click the private link, I get the message "Directing you to Gallery in Fitbit mobile application". I looked on my mobile device but couldn't find anything with "Gallery" or any way to install the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I figured it out, it was my mistake. I was clicking on the private link from my computer. I sent the private link to my mobile device and clicked it from there. The app installed correctly.

thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Awesome @DanMacLeod! I'm glad to hear that your app is running now. Robot wink

Hope to see you participating in the Community more often since I think it would be awesome for you to explore our Community. You can go ahead and log to any of the topics that might be of your interest in our Discussion boards. Feel free to comment and contribute with your knowledge and experience.

I'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes