Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question: How is Fat Mass tracked between data points?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I get caliper body composition testing approx every 3 months to get more accurate data about mass distribution. I was wondering if the sudden change in body fat percentage when logged - eg from 20% to 15% after 3 months - would result in a sudden 'step' down in my logged data, or if there was a way to interpolate / gradient between two data readings to get a better sense of how composition changed over time.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Unless you are using a "smart" scale that automatically logs fat %, body fat only has a value when you enter it, so you would just have a value every 3 months with no values in between.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Unless you are using a "smart" scale that automatically logs fat %, body fat only has a value when you enter it, so you would just have a value every 3 months with no values in between.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @JohnnyRow, it not the answer I was hoping for... looks like its time to dust off the ole abacus and manually divide mass and time across weigh ins 🧐😩

Best Answer
0 Votes