Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense Issue: Celsius to Fahrenheit

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello, 

I've tried a few of the same fixes others have suggested with this issue. I read through other "solved" questions before deciding to post mine because I'm getting very frustrated.  

My phone is paired with my Sense. It is displaying correctly. 

I did go in to modify my apps and changed my units to Fahrenheit. My phone has been updated with Fahrenheit as the chosen selection for a few days now and my Sense still won't update. Everything else is working correctly and my information (steps, HR, sleep, etc.) is regularly being updated in the app. 

Another user suggested that ensuring Miles is selected can help. Mine defaulted to all of the American units and it still won't adjust appropriately. I'm a bit baffled. 

I'm not sure what to do, now. Does anyone have any additional suggestions for getting my Sense to display Fahrenheit for the weather? I'm really upset that I can't monitor the weather on my Sense. 

Thank you! 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi there, @markergirl. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with the weather app before reaching out. I understand where your concern is coming from. 

Before considering other options, please confirm you've followed these steps as described below:

1. In the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab > your profile picture > your device image > Gallery > Weather. You might need to swipe up to find the app.
  2. Tap Settings.
  3. In the Temperature Unit section, tap Units and choose the unit you want to use.

If the above doesn't do the trick, I'd recommend to try switching to a clock face that actually shows both units of measurements, Celsius and Fahrenheit, as not all clock faces will show the temperature in Celsius or Fahrenheit even when you've set it to be that way. For more information, see How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device?

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

Hi there, @markergirl. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with the weather app before reaching out. I understand where your concern is coming from. 

Before considering other options, please confirm you've followed these steps as described below:

1. In the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab > your profile picture > your device image > Gallery > Weather. You might need to swipe up to find the app.
  2. Tap Settings.
  3. In the Temperature Unit section, tap Units and choose the unit you want to use.

If the above doesn't do the trick, I'd recommend to try switching to a clock face that actually shows both units of measurements, Celsius and Fahrenheit, as not all clock faces will show the temperature in Celsius or Fahrenheit even when you've set it to be that way. For more information, see How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device?

Hope that helps. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I've tried everything that was suggested and it still didn't fix my problem.  I don't want to change my clock face, I just want the temperature to display in Fahrenheit.  Anyone else?

Best Answer

Hi @SelenaW  -  did you try all the steps in this, including cities How to change Temperature - for Weather, Centigrade - Fahrenheit, Sense. Of course permissions have to be correct and the watch syncing.

If you are seeing weather in your clock face then you need to contact the developer.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem...I SHOULD NOT have to change my clock face to get the appropriate temperature.

Best Answer

Hi @NicoleMarc  - are you sure you have changed both places as described in the previous post AND synced AND restarted the clock face for it to pick up the change - if it didn't work contact the developer of the clock face.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cannot find the gallery or apps…..I hit the Today icon, then my picture in the upper left corner, then hit my picture / profile …..nothing there that is helpful.  If I go back one page, I have app settings and have verified I have units set correctly…..nada!

Best Answer

Hi @MO2L  - see previous post.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This does NOT fix the issue. I have been waiting for someone from Fitbit support to answer my chat request. Please provide a solution. 

Best Answer
Best Answer

This fixed my issue with the temperature settings and I did not have to change my clock face. This process is more involved that what would seem to be the obvious fix in the setting of the mobile app. Thank you.

Best Answer

What process is "this process" I have the temp settings problem but no solutions. Please elaborate or provide the link that helped you. Thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Best Answer
0 Votes

This article is great 😊 

Best Answer

I understand your frustration.  I went through the same frustration.  Here is a trick. Try to change the clock face anyway to the one which allows you to change the temperature unit in the setting. Once you have changed the temperature unit with the clock face, you can change the clock face back to the one you want.  The temperature setting you changed will remain as you want.  I know it doesn't seem to make sense, but it works anyway.

Best Answer

I was able to fix this problem with your help. However, I don't understand why it can't be fixed in the App Settings. There is an option to change the weather units in App Settings. Why is this not sufficient? Thank you.

Best Answer

The weather app has its own C/F setting. In order to change it from C to F you must use your phone and go to the gallery and look for your weather app. Click on it inside it you'll find the C/F setting. Switch that and your done.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the assist...

Best Answer
0 Votes