Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense cannot reach the Deezer server

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi

I have just bought a Sense and I have linked the watch app to my Deezer account. In the Fitbit app I go to the Media and click on the Deezer service but it says "Uh Oh! There was a problem reaching the server. Please try again later". 

I have waited a few hours, and a few hours. Wondering if the message is a red herring or if the service to connect them is down. Fitbit had server issues earlier today as well whilst setting up the watch. 

I will update if it does connect, but in the meantime has anyone had any issues?

Phone is a Pixel. 

Best Answer
39 REPLIES 39

I am having the same issue. I too have a new Sense and just set up Deezer early this morning, possibly prior to the Fitbit server issues. It was working fine and I was able to download my playlists to my Sense. However, now when I go to Deezer in the Fitbit app, I'm getting the same message: "Uh Oh! There was a problem reaching the server...". I have tried to connect over several hours but no luck. I'm also assuming this is a side effect of the Fitbit server issues today. 

@Fitbit -- any ideas what is causing this or how to address it?

Best Answer

Fitbit support has just told me I have to wait 5 days. 

Apparently it is documented for Fitbit eyes only so when you try lots of things and eventually contact support it is an issue they already know about but decided not to tell anybody. 

I have been with FitBit for 7 years, the customer service used to be excellent. Recently I find it poor. I had issues with my Ionic, support could not help me, they said I would need email support and would be contacted, no contact, three weeks ago. I have put up with the face that the FitBit pay does not support any UK banks, but I feel this is, sadly, my last FitBit product. 

Best Answer

@Weaveriski thanks for sharing the info you got from support. I was just chatting with a support rep and we went through several iterations of restarting/uninstalling/reinstalling/etc. with no luck. The support rep said she would raise this issue up to the next level of support. She didn't mention anything about waiting 5 days, so I'm not sure what that's about. In any case, this is clearly a bigger issue than Fitbit realizes. I see several posts on the Versa 3 board for the exact same issue. I'll post back if I get any updates from Fitbit support.

Best Answer

I'm having the exact same issue, so subscribing to this post. Used to work, but since a couple of days it doesn't anymore.

Best Answer

The service is available for me today to add. 

Best Answer

@Weaveriski did you do anything to get it to work? Or did it just start to work on it's own? As of now, I'm still receiving the same error message.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@danschu I did nothing. I got the sense on Tuesday, been trying since. Support told me five days, I've been trying every day. Today it simply allowed the connection. Nothing different, no magic. Sorry! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @Weaveriski and please don't be sorry! I'm glad it started working for you. 

Question for you. In Deezer, when you go to Account Settings > My connected devices, do you see your Sense showing as a connected device? When I look at my connected devices, I only see my phone. I don't see my Sense. Maybe my problem is that my Sense isn't properly linked to Deezer, although I was able to download my playlists after initial setup and before this error message started displaying.

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@danschu no i don't see it. I have downloaded a playlist and checked it works without the phone, therefore currently working as expected. 

Best Answer

Thanks @Weaveriski . I appreciate your help. I have a case opened with support on this, so hopefully it will be resolved soon...maybe even auto-magically like yours 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems to be working for me again, you might want to try yourself as well!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

I have the same problem. I uninstalled deezer from the fitbit and have been trying to reinstall it for the past few days. I hit the Install button, the bar fills up and then goes back to show Install.

I am still on the free deezer trial. I wonder if that affects it at all? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @gmork, @SunsetRunner, and @Weaveriski   -- Well, this morning Deezer sort-of worked for me, although briefly. I was able to open the app and select more playlists to download (and they did download when I put my Sense on the charger), but I wasn't able to manage the playlists on my Sense. Whenever I would tap the three dots in the upper-right corner of the Deezer app, it would either send me back to the Media apps or throw up a message that the "Fitbit app keeps stopping." After a few hours I tried again and now I'm back to getting the server error message.

I too am on a free 30-day Deezer subscription (Deezer Family). It's a good question if that is causing the problem. I'm going to see if I can open a case with Deezer as well. Maybe I'll get more traction with them than I am with Fitbit.

@gmork and @Weaveriski -- do you have paid Deezer subscriptions or are you in the free-trial period? Is Deezer still working for you? Is it FULLY working (are you able to manage the playlists on your device via the three dots in the upper right corner of the app)?

Best Answer

Blimey, finally managed to get Deezer to install on my Sense. I forgot the Wi-Fi network on Sense, reconnected it and immediately tried to install Deezer and IT ACTUALLY INSTALLED.

Still on free trial, so that was not the issue. Just need to get the bloody weather app to sync now... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@danschu I have a paid Deezer subscription, I would imagine that does not matter when trying to link the service, but worth a try I suppose.

FULLY working I will say no. I cannot "manage" the playlist on the phone on my app through the three dots, it just reverts back to the media screen. I do however have add music, and that allows the playlist to be added and then with wifi (and Sense +50% battery) the music will sync. I am not sure what it should do if I hit the three dots 🙂 

Screenshot_20210309-115354.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

So...I decided to open a case over on Deezer about this issue. Here is the response I got:

Unfortunately we are having an issue with Deezer and Fitbit and we are trying to fix it as soon as we can.

We will let you know once the problem has been fixed.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused!

FINALLY...an acknowledgement that an issue exists. I appreciate Deezer's transparency to admit there's an issue. Still, not a peep from @Fitbit . At least I/we now know it's not our devices causing the problem but a larger issue that is being addressed.  

This afternoon, my Deezer app started to work the same as yours, @Weaveriski . Not full functionality and still buggy, but limping along. It's been nearly a week of this now. At these prices, I'm starting to get more than frustrated. I guess I should be thankful I'm still within the return period for both products.

I'll update this post when I hear back from Deezer (hopefully soon).

Best Answer

Yeah, owning à fitbit is kinda an IT hobby in itself. I finally managed to get the weather app to work by restarting the Sense. 👍

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is certainly my last FitBit, sad because I joined in 2014 and there is a lot of history, but with each device I buy there are more and more niggles and frustrations, sometimes you just have to go elsewhere. 

Best Answer

I have a Versa 2 and after updating, it has stopped working.

Best Answer
0 Votes