Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spotify connectivity issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is it just me or just the Spotify app just barely work? I somehow missed the rollout of it but was excited to discover it yesterday. So far it seems pretty flaky overall. I can get it to work but the amount of fussing around to get it to work seems to defeat any real advantage to using it. It feels like the previous implementation of basic music controls actually was of more use (could use it during workout) but even that is now flaky. I have to fuss with reconnecting and rebooting my phone to even connect to Fitbit (Classic) only to have it disconnect again shortly after. I'm using a Versa (1) Android ( Pixel 2.)

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there @Crompsy, thanks for stopping by and bringing this to my attention. 

Note that your watch must be running Fitbit OS 4.0 or later to download the Spotify app from the Fitbit App Gallery.

Note the following requirements:

• The Spotify app on your watch doesn’t support offline music playback, so your paired phone must remain nearby with the Fitbit app running in the background and connected to the internet.
  • A Spotify Premium subscription is required. For information on Spotify Premium, see support.spotify.com.
  • You must have the Spotify app open on the device playing music. For more information on Spotify Connect, see spotify.com.

I'd recommend taking a look at the help article: Why can't I control music from the Spotify App on my Fitbit device? 

Let me know if you need further assistance, I'll be around. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, Maria. To be clear, I do have it installed and have read all available instructions and tips regarding using it. What I'm saying is that my experience using the app on my Versa and Pixel 2 is flaky and I'm wondering if other users are experiencing the same thing. Is it my combination of devices and or settings or is it just the app is not that well executed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Maria, we have some rough timescales of when offline playback will be available for Spotify?

Regards

Peter

Best Answer
0 Votes