Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storm alert based on barometric pressure

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

It would be nice to have an app that has a storm alert based on barometric pressure 

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

@Kaveman Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for posting your idea regarding an app that would alert when a storm is coming.

Very interesting idea indeed. I did a quick search on the Fitbit App Gallery and wasn't able to find anything like that.

My best recommendation in this case will be to post your idea on the Feature Suggestions Board. This is the best place to ask for future apps you would like to have. Developers of all kind often check this board so this is the place! 

Please let me know if you post your idea. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

How about just showing the current barometric pressure on your watch face?

The THEXA watch face does that.

Best Answer

My old suunto would track and graph it, it woukd then send an alert if thd change indicated a storm is coming....

Best Answer
0 Votes

@EmTe I hope you're doing well! Thanks for sharing this information regarding the Thexa clock face. 

Yes, it looks like it will give you barometric pressure readings to predict the weather. Great information, thanks.

@Kaveman There is an option to contact the developers of most apps and clock faces at the Fitbit App Gallery. Perhaps, you could contact the developer from Thexa clock face and inform about your idea. Looks like the clock face is already pointing towards this weather prediction features. 

I was making more research at the Fitbit App Gallery and found several clock faces that will give you the weather in different ways. The one called "Weather Pro Watch" caught my attention. That one will give you weather prediction in a very pro way. Feel free to check that out! 

Weather Pro WatchWeather Pro Watch

To contact the developer, open their app in the Fitbit App Gallery, scroll down and you’ll find their contact details under ‘app details’ or ‘clock face details’.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm quite sure that the weather clockfaces retrieve the barometric pressure from the weather provider rather than the Ionic sensor.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Giampi71wrote:

I'm quite sure that the weather clockfaces retrieve the barometric pressure from the weather provider rather than the Ionic sensor.

I'm not sure of the others but the THEXA watch face one uses the barometric pressure from the watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes
It is not the greatest looking watch face

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes