Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strava disappeared from the Fitbit App Gallery

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I purchased a versa 3 yesterday and tried to install the strava app but when I searched for it it says it’s not found. Is strava no longer available?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone. It's good to see you participating in the Community Forums. @SteveH@Giampi71 and @LZeeW, thanks for your help!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Let me explain that the Strava app for our Fitbit Smartwatches is no longer available at this time, but we encourage you to consider the many apps and clock faces available in the Fitbit App Gallery. I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused by this situation. Our team is always striving and working to improve the Fitbit experience with our products and services, and the feedback shared in the forums is a big part of that process as it helps us to make sure that we are delivering what our users want and need.

If you want to use the Strava app on your phone to track your workouts, please see this help article to connect it with your Fitbit account.

By the way, I've moved your posts to this new thread so we can keep our forums organized.

See you around.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
46 REPLIES 46

I think you may need an update to the fitbit's firmware before you can set up Strava (and some other thinhs like change clocks). Now that you have set up the fitbit the app will have detected the new firmware and will be downloading it bit-by-bit in the background. When it's fully downloaded the app will prompt you to install the update. Fitbit say this download can take a couple of days.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok. Thanks for the reply 👍

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm not so sure @SteveH ,

A search in the Gallery doesn't produce any result.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone wondering if someone could help me. I deleted Strava as it wasn’t syncing to Strava app on my iPhone and it has disappeared from the Fitbit App Store. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don't find it either, but I did find this article that might be of some use...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Mattborchers27  @SunsetRunner   I can't find it either.  Funny thing.  When you tap on the search option, you get a "Try searching for..." with Strava at the top of the list.  Tap on Strava and you get Nothing found.

I am going to flag this to get Moderator attention.  Fitbit refers to this feature as the App Gallery.  I am also moving this thread to the App Gallery forum for better attention.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Hi everyone. It's good to see you participating in the Community Forums. @SteveH@Giampi71 and @LZeeW, thanks for your help!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Let me explain that the Strava app for our Fitbit Smartwatches is no longer available at this time, but we encourage you to consider the many apps and clock faces available in the Fitbit App Gallery. I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused by this situation. Our team is always striving and working to improve the Fitbit experience with our products and services, and the feedback shared in the forums is a big part of that process as it helps us to make sure that we are delivering what our users want and need.

If you want to use the Strava app on your phone to track your workouts, please see this help article to connect it with your Fitbit account.

By the way, I've moved your posts to this new thread so we can keep our forums organized.

See you around.

Best Answer

Hello @LizzyFitbit ,

can you please clarify why the app has been silently removed from the store without informing the users?

Thanks

Best Answer

To be honest the app was never that good, you could only view your last few activities on the watch and only then very occasionally.  If you have your phone just use that it's much better.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:

To be honest the app was never that good, you could only view your last few activities on the watch and only then very occasionally.  If you have your phone just use that it's much better.

I agree.  I have linked Strava to my Fitbit account, and I like that GPS activities recorded on a Fitbit device get synced to my Strava account.  But since the Strava app on the Versa line was basically just a mini-viewer, I never used it.  Maybe if my eyes were better ...

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

When I had Ionic instead I was using it a lot and never failed.

Yes, it was a mini viewer and was nice for what it accomplished.

If Fitbit named it Strava Viewer or Strava Dashboard there wouldn't have been any problem on what it was supposed to do, instead the greatest part of the users thought they could track a session directly within the Strava app and usually complained about its limited capabilities.

Regardless if you like it or not I'm still waiting some explanation from @LizzyFitbit .

Best Answer

Thanks for pointing me to this thread, @Giampi71  - I doubt we'll get anything other than that same stock answer from Fitbit.   I wish they would allow connection with Map My Run/Walk/Ride.  I love that app, but I don't want to have to carry my phone to use it OR Strava.  The GPS on my Sense is always behind the GPS on my phone (through Map My Walk).  But with the way my tracker is off on other data (stairs, steps overnight), it makes me doubt the Sense.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So can you clarify does this means if I go for a run my versa will still upload my data to Strava I just won’t have the app on my watch? Please confirm.

any thanks

Claire 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Strava_query correct, as long as you have linked the two accounts then any run on your Versa will sync to Strava.  The Strava app was useless anyway and only allowed you to view past events that had synced to Strava previously.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Is it normal that maps don't make their way to strava? I got all data + map on fitbit app, but just data on strava.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So many useless Apps, and You had to get rid of STRAVA!? Please bring it back. Work smarter, not harder. 

Best Answer

So now strava is not uploading runs from Fitbit! I troubleshooted and finally had to disconnect and reconnect them. Still not working! Fitbit supports says they no longer support Strava. Does this mean we will no longer be able to connect/pair them? I need strava!!!

Best Answer

Has anyone notice that the strava app is no longer uploading runs from the Fitbit! I’m so mad!

Best Answer

It’s not working for me!

Best Answer