Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surfline app logging issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

cant log into surfline app on fitbit mobile app. Says the login details are incorrect. Use same details through my browser and can log in with no hassles. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Surfarosa, hope you're doing great! Thanks for the details provided. Let's try the following:

1. In order for apps to access the internet, your phone must be nearby with the Fitbit app running in the background and Bluetooth turned on. Many apps require internet access, such as Nest, Clue, Uber, The New York Times, Walgreens, Yelp, Surfline, and Flipboard.
  2. Check if the app has a pending update. For instructions, see How do I install and manage apps on my Fitbit watch?
  3. Turning off app permissions can cause the app to stop functioning. Check that all permissions are turned on:
    1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > your device image.
    2. Tap or click Apps.
    3. In the list of apps installed on your watch, find the app whose permissions you want to change. You may have to scroll down to see some apps. Tap or click the name of the app.
    4. Tap or click Permissions.
    5. If any permissions are turned off, turn them on. Note that some permissions can cause your phone to use more data.
    6. Tap or click Save to save your changes.
  4. Your watch must be connected to Wi-Fi in order for some larger apps and clock faces to install or update. For instructions on connecting your watch to Wi-Fi, see How do I connect my Fitbit watch to Wi-Fi?

Give this a go and let me know how it goes! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have yet to get surfline to login in. Ive tried changing the password, reinstalling the app, restart the watch. And i did everything you suggested above, still no luck

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey, thanks for jumping in here. I'ts nice to have a new member! Man Wink Thanks for getting back and for providing me with those details @Yoshimi5!

Did you uninstall the Surfline app on your mobile phone and the watch? If you did this only on your phone, please try to remove the app on your watch too.

Once you make sure you had uninstalled Surfline on both platforms, try restarting your Versa and your phone one more time. Then, reinstall it and see if this time it works. 

Let me know the outcome! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

How would we uninstall from watch? I've only installed via fit bit app and then uninstalled, to reinstall with same problem? 

Thank u for your patience 

Best Answer
0 Votes

No worries my friend, it's a pleasure @SurfarosaTo remove an app:

1. With your watch nearby, on the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon () > your device image.
  2. Tap or click Apps.
  3. In the list of apps installed on your watch, find the app you want to remove and tap or click it. You may have to scroll down to see some of the apps.
  4. Tap or click the app > Remove.

Keep me in the loop! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Morning,

I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, restarting watch etc nothing seems to be working.

Best Answer
0 Votes

finally got it to work. Thank you. 🙂

when will a free surf tracker app be available? (surf session marked out on a map, paddling distance, riding distance, velocity heart rate etc). Endomondo has a tracker but this requires an annual subscription. 😞

Will there be a turn by turn navigator app available - no phone needed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yay! I'm glad to hear that you mange it to work @SurfarosaRobot Very Happy Your idea is great. For anything else you would like to see implemented in the future, consider visiting our Feature Suggestions board. This is a space where Community users can post features, ideas, and suggestions that they'd like to see in future Fitbit products, accessories, and software and top-voted suggestions get relayed to our product team for review. 

Different kinds of developers often check this board to get idea to work on. So, this is for sure the best place to make this request. And we're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we very much appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. 

Let me know if there's anything else I may assist you with.

Best Answer
0 Votes