Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK users require Miles and Celsius

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've been following the lack of this feature for a few years and I really think that this now needs to be marked as a bug. The hundreds of thousands of Fitbit users in the UK require the watches and apps to show distance in Miles and temperatures in Celsius. All other combinations just don't work for us Limeys.

Please, if you are affected by this can you up-vote this post and so that we might finally get it sorted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

The Fitbit OS 2.2 currently under roll-out fixes the mentioned lack of feature.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @PCsurgeonI'd like to give thanks for the feedback you've provided towards our product. Rest assured that our engineers and product development team use this information to further improve our products and services.

What @Giampi71 said is right. Versa/Ionic users still need to change their units to miles >Fahrenheit and kilometers>celsius for now. Since 2.2 is still only at 10%.

FITBIT OS 2.1 OR EARLIER

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > Advanced Settings > Units.
  2. In the Length section, select a different measurement. Centimeters, Kilometers corresponds with Celsius and Feet, Miles corresponds with Fahrenheit.
  3. Sync your watch and then open the Weather app on your watch to see the updated units.

FITBIT OS 2.2

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap or click the Account icon > your device image.
  2. Tap or click Apps.
  3. Tap the gear icon next to Weather. You may need to scroll down to find the app.
  4. In the Temperature Unit section, tap Units and choose the unit you want to use.
  5. Sync your watch and then open the Weather app on your watch to see the updated units.

When an update is available you'll see a notification in the Fitbit app prompting you to update. When the update starts, a progress bar appears on Fitbit and in the Fitbit app until the update is complete. For best results, make sure your watch is charged and can connect to your Wi-Fi network. 

After updating to OS 2.2, some customers reported the weather app displays the temperature in Celsius. Just as you're describing .

When a customer updates to OS 2.2, users will now have a new temperature Units section in the weather app settings and it defaults to Celsius.

See How do I set up and troubleshoot apps on my Fitbit device? for instructions on configuring the new temperature Units (Celsius/Fahrenheit) section. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes