Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install Spotify app on Fitbit Versa

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi,

I recently purchased "fitbit versa"  here in Sydney Australia.

I have the latest fitbit app on my android mobile phone (android version 7.1.1).

The Versa Firmware Version is 32.33.1.30 that I believe is the latest version.

The "all day sync" option is selected in the app and I leave both the mobile and the watch on charging at midnight.

I have a spotify premium account and the app is installed on the same mobile phone.

However after all these updates & settings I still cannot seem to install the spotify app from fitbit apps. The install button is disabled and a message appears saying "To install this app, make sure the Fitbit app on your phone and your Fitbit device have the latest update Learn more". there is nothing in the learn more link that would help.

I would appreciate if any one can help me with the issue.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hi there @ruhul, welcome to the Community Forums. Thank you so much for all the details you've provided. 

Please note that Spotify is now viewable in the app gallery for all smartwatch users. However, users will need to be on the most recent firmware (OS 4.0.2) to install it. As per the description of your post, it seems that you're still running an old version, Versa is now in version 32.70.7.14. 

Also, have you checked if your phone is compatible? If you haven't, you can see the list of compatible devices at: Which phones and tablets can I use with my Fitbit watch or tracker?

For more detailed information, take a look at: How do I control music playing on Spotify? 

Let us know if you need further assistance. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the response.

As I have stated in my question above. I looked at your faq link and it seems like an android 7.1.1 phone should be supported.

My question is how can I update the Firmsware version to 32.70.7.14. The watch and the app have been on charging and wifi for 3 nights now, but not update notification has shown up on the app.

Is there a way to force the update on the versa?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @ruhul, thanks for getting back. 

We do support Android 7.11, but we don't support all Android phones running 7.11. Would you mind providing me with the model of your phone? 

About updating your Versa, please take a look at the help article: How do I update my Fitbit device?

I'm looking forward to your response, keep me posted. 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same issue.  How do I update the version on my android?  I'm on all day sync and still unable to.  I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Ritawv, welcome on board. Thanks for the details provided. 

In order to update the version of the Fitbit app, see: How do I update the app to the latest version? 

I hope this helps, let me know if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello and thanks for responding. My app is already updated and updates
automatically. What is the resolution for this?

Thank you,

Rita Vaughn
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @Ritawv, thanks for getting back. 

As happened above with @ruhul, it seems that you're still running an old version, Versa is now in version 32.70.7.14. Can you verify that?

If you're having difficulties to update your Versa, see: Why can't I update my Fitbit device? 

I'll be around if you need further assistance.

Best Answer
0 Votes
That is correct. How do I update to the new version? It isn't allowing me
to. I see there is a message about iOS users but this does not apply to me.

Thank you,

Rita
Best Answer
0 Votes