Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set up Alexa on Versa 2

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have been gifted a versa two and have downloaded the app to my phone and when trying to get onto the amazon alexa app im prompted to sign in so i do so with my amazon account and i recieve an error message reading

There was a problem

the new email address you have provided is already in use on another account. please use a different email address or change the email address on the other account if it belongs to you???

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and label

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hi @rachel30. Welcome. It's good that the community is growing! I'm sorry for the delayed response.

Congrats on your new Versa 2 and thanks for sharing detailed information about the issues experienced when setting up Alexa. Based on the message that you're receiving, I'm wondering if you're trying to log in to the correct Amazon account.

Assuming that's correct, I'd recommend the following steps:

1. Clear the cookies on your phone:
    For iPhones, see support.apple.com
    For Android phones, see support.google.com
  2. Force quit the Fitbit app:

For iPhones, see this article.

For Android phones, see this article.

3. Reboot your phone.
  4. Restart your Versa 2.
  5. Try to set up Alexa one more time in the Fitbit app.

Make sure your watch and phone are nearby, as well to use a strong internet connection, either through WiFi or a cellular data signal.

By the way, I've moved your post to the App Gallery board so you can receive more related responses about this situation and to keep our forums organized.

I'll be around, keep me posted.

Best Answer
0 Votes