Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to set up Hue Lights App

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I've connected my Versa to the bridge fine. Then it tells me to set the bridge IP, and I've correctly done so. The Fitbit app tells me it's all connected correctly too. 

I have followed all of the troubleshooting steps, multiple times on some things. Probably  looked at 15 different threads set on here with some being resolved. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hi there @xCeeTee, welcome to the Community Forums. Thank you so much for taking the time troubleshooting the Hue Lights App prior to contacting us. 

If you are still unable to get set up, I would start by making confirming your Hue system is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your phone. 

Once you have confirmed, open the Hue Lights app on your Ionic. The app should then start searching for your Hue bridge. When prompted on your Ionic, press the pairing button on your bridge to complete the pairing process.

If the inconvenience persists, I would recommend taking a look at this article, as it is full of great tips and best practices on how to set up apps on your smartwatch.

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having this exact same issue with the Versa 2 - I've done multiple troubleshoot runs that included:

• Reinstalling the app.
  • Resetting the Versa 2 from factory settings.
  • Ensuring the network connection was to the right WiFi.
  • Using the pair button on the Phillips Hue Hub.
  • Switching the networks.
  • Applying the IP Manually.

None of these work.

Best Answer

Hi there @TPiddock, welcome to the Community Forums. Thank you so much for troubleshooting the issue with your Hue Lights app prior to contacting us. 

Since none of the steps you tried have worked, I've created a case to get you in contact with our Support Team about this. They will be able to work with you and review your options. Please keep a lookout in your inbox to the email address associated with this Fitbit account. Someone will be in contact with you soon!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having this exact same issue with the Versa 2, too. 

Was your problem solved with the Support Team? 

Best Answer

@Jagaimo wrote:

I'm having this exact same issue with the Versa 2, too. 

Was your problem solved with the Support Team? 

Nope - they told me it's not on the Supported Apps list so no dice yet. Still in the process of trying to get a fix.

Best Answer

Thanks for your reply. 

I switched to Versa 2 because I wanted to use this Hue app😭

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is all one big joke or **ahem** up and they dont seem to be doing anything to fit it. I have been speaking with the contact team for weeks and they keep telling me to do the same thing round and round again. This had to be the worse app on Fitbit. And I was foolish enough to purchase the more expensive Philip's hue bulbs and bridge just so I can use it with my Fitbit. 

I give up!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you think about this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem with the Sense.

I am in 192.168.100.x IP-address space without access to change that, so basically I am screwed 😑:

• Note for Android users: Due to recent Android security changes, your local network must be using one of the following IP address ranges: 192.168.0.0/24 or 192.168.1.0/24.

Fitbit / Philips, please add 192.168.100.x space to the list of allowed IP-addresses!

Best Answer