Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Philips Hue App keeps telling me I need to "Set Bridge IP"

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Hue app on my Versa watch keeps telling me I need to "Set Bridge IP".  I've been using the app for awhile now, and I've done everything possible from shutting down my watch, powering  off my phone, uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app, uninstalling and reinstalling Hue App in Fitbit... nothing has worked.  My phone is an Android and I have checked for all updates.  At a loss and getting frustrated!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
30 REPLIES 30

Since your being asked to set something up, restarting or reinstalling probably will not help. 

A quick search gave me the same question with an answer that worked for them. 

Maybe it will help you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here on a versa 2.  I'd already found and tried everything in that thread; thanks Rich_Laue but nothing in the suggestions worked.

Not had the watch long, but overall experience so far is not good 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

At what point does the setup fail, and do you get any error messages? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Setup is fine, configure the app with the IP address of the hub - all good.  Open the app, and receive the message "Please wait.. checking for a connection to a Bridge", and after a couple of seconds "Set Bridge IP.  Go to your Philips Hue settings in the Fitbit app to set your bridge device IP".

Best Answer
0 Votes

This sounds like a communication problem between the Versa and the phone. 

Does the fitbit app and the Phillips app have permission to run at start-up and in background? 

Are you able to retrieve weather on the Versa? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Rich_Laue,

Yes, permissions granted to the app, and the fitbit app can run in background on the phone too.  Weather is working fine. 

Any ideas appreciated!

Cheers,

Iain

Best Answer

Yes, same as Iain.  Everything else works, permission to run in background, weather works... 

Amy

Best Answer

Having the same issue with versa lite as well.  Checked settings, run in background, permissions, etc.  When opening here so on versa, it says sweet bridge up in Fitbit app.  However, ip for the bridge had already been set. V weather works fine.

Best Answer

Same here with Ionic and Nokia 8 with Fitbit App Version 1.1.1:

IP is set in the settings in the Smartphone App but the Fitbit App always ask to set the IP. I've already deleted the IP and set it again. In the Android App, it shows, that the bridge has been found but in the Fitbit App I still receive the error. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm wondering if this could be something to do with the version of the bridge? Mine was purchased in the last few months ago should be a V2.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My bridge is also V2 with the Firmware Version 1935074050. It has worked for month but since a few weeks I only receive the error. 

Best Answer

Hello all,

I have the same issue. Contacted Support, but we are going in circles. I have talked with the seller and they say that I can go to the shop and they will give me a demo. If its not working, they will give a different one. So sunday I will go there. I will let you all know when issue is solved and how.

Best Answer

Have the same error, with versa 2.

Did you found a resolution? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got a Versa 2 for Christmas: same issue with the Hue app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any update from anyone? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've tried several times on my new Versa 2, and still the same error...

Looks like I won't be using this app any time soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

For me, the problem still exists.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too. I can enter the ip address, but all it does is verify that it is indeed an IP address in the Fitbit app. It doesn't appear that the app does anything else. It will not find the bridge when I try to enter up automatically by pressing the button. 

I believe there is a communication error originating from the Fitbit app and the actual Hue app on my phone works both in my house and via the web. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here.. I am hoping for a quick resolution. 

Best Answer
0 Votes