Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather App not finding Location

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Motorola droid turbo and yes it's an older phone. My phone will sync with the Fitbit Ionic but with some connection issues at times. What really bugged me is that the weather app would work. The weather app would not find my location or allow me to enter one.

The solution was syncing it with my son's Galaxy 8 and set the location with it then synced back to my old phone.  The fitbit app (phone) still doesn't show a location but the Ionic weather app is working.

Yes the Ionic should work with what ever phone you have but it is a new product that has some bugs hopefully they will fix them soon.  Good luck!

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity & added label

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

@Adama-B Welcome to the Fitbit Community! That is very strange! I will look into that. Thanks for sharing the workaround that helped you out with this. Keen to hear if there are other users experiencing this with their phones?

Also, by any chance, do you have Locations Services turned on on your phone? Weather App uses that to find your location! 

Thanks again and keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It was a short lived "fix" no weather data on the Ionic but it shows the locations.  Yes, my phone is on,  location is on and blue tooth is on.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've got issues with the weather app as well - I can never add the city that I'm currently in - or if I add my 'home' city when I'm at work, the next time I'm at home, it will delete the home city (showing it as the current city, but then of course it isn't available when you go to a different location).  I did write to Fitbit about it directly, but unfortunately had the issue dismissed as it being 'down to my phone'.  Very disappointing - but I unfortunately find that kind of response is given when reporting bugs!

I had started a thread on this issue - https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/Weather-app-issue-with-new-firmware-release/m-p/2359315#M20648...

Ionic, Blaze, Charge HR, Flex. Android 7.0 (Samsung Galaxy S8)
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the response.  I can't even delete the weather app. If the issue it is "with our phones" what phones will work or better yet maybe they should fix their app.

Best Answer