Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather app not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Well looking for threads existing for the weather app is at best, annoying.  There are so many threads and the ones pertaining to what I seek are always closed or marked as answered so I am starting a new one!!!

The weather app is UNSTABLE! I am using a versa 2 and sometimes it syncs sometimes it won't.  Now since the new update of the watch, 35.70.7.14, the weather won't update be it from Windows app or Android app.  The syncing works between watch and either app except for weather.  I even rebooted the watch.  I am NOT going to do a full reset as this is a tremendous nuisance to set the watch back up every time.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

For me, the weather app has always been iffy, to the point of useless. It's Accu-weather. Not a good app, especially if you're outside of the USA. I have made a suggestion in Features of having different weather apps, like Environment Canada or Weather Underground.

Best Answer

Hi there @Crazyal01 and @RottieLover, welcome to the Community Forums. I am sorry to hear that you are going through this situation. I appreciate your feedback for the Fitbit trackers.

Please note that our main purpose is to avoid negative experiences to our customers, we're always willing to help and provide troubleshooting steps.

So, if the weather doesn't update, check the following settings:

If you change locations, sync your device to see your new location in the Weather app.

Let me know how it goes. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

While I appreciate your effort and politeness, and I DO, but unfortunately, all these suggestions don't help.  My location service IS ON, all day sync IS ON.  And you mentioned, "The Fitbit app must remain running in the background on your phone.". On my tablet it works fine.  It took a little while but it finally kicked in, however from the windows app it does not.  In fact the windows app fails in many respects.  Weather, battery level, water consumption from watch to app, and I believe there were other things.  I want to use the windows app simply because the bluetooth running off the pc does not consume battery as does on a tablet or phone.  But a faulty app defeats that purpose.

I feel I am going in circles because I have spoken to fit bit reps on phone, chat, email and posts numerous times and instead of the app being fixed, people keep trying to push me to using the android app each time.  It's like flogging a dead horse.  LOL.

If no one wants to take responsibility for the windows app, why bother having it available???

Best Answer
0 Votes

My weather app has stopped syncing as of yesterday.  It’s been fine until then, but now it won’t sync. The Versa Lite has synced everything else (that I can tell), but the weather app is not working. 

I have only had my watch for three months, so I’m still trying to figure it all out. I would appreciate some help.  Thank you. 

Best Answer
0 Votes