Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather app only updates with Wi-Fi

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just noticed that my weather app will only update when I tap the WiFi setup button in the app and join my WiFi. it won't update otherwise.

Moderator edit: added label

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Excellent tip thank you very much!!!

This means that Weather app should request Wifi connection automatically upon opening from watch instead of manually connecting Wifi from Fitbit app for it to work.

Garmin Fenix 5s Plus, Fitbit Ionic, Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus
Best Answer
0 Votes

My app tells me to sync to update weatherr, i find that when i bring up the weather app it will update if the watch can comunicate with the phone with no forced sync. My watch is not connected to wifi

Best Answer

@davidf100010 - have you tried syncing the app first before looking for weather updates as @Rich_Laue mentions? 

@Rich_Laue nice to see you around! 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

Actually @KateFitbit I find the weather updates on the Ionic even when the ionic is unable to sync its data.

For example a sync happened at 14:30 on Wednesday.  At 16:00 i proceeded to drive 240 miles over the next 14 hours, was in 3 different locations plus a rest stop, then back home, the Ionic seemed to have the current local weather in every place inluding the 15 minutes in the rest stop.

As for the next sync, that did not happen unitl 20:00 on Thursday after removing the tracker from the phones Bluetooth. 

Best Answer

@Rich_LaueSame here, weather works all the time. I haven't synced for 5 hours and the weather is up to date at 11pm.  I only rely on the 4G phone and only use WiFi to update Apps on the phone while home.

@Rich_Laue wrote:

Actually @KateFitbit I find the weather updates on the Ionic even when the ionic is unable to sync its data.

For example a sync happened at 14:30 on Wednesday.  At 16:00 i proceeded to drive 240 miles over the next 14 hours, was in 3 different locations plus a rest stop, then back home, the Ionic seemed to have the current local weather in every place inluding the 15 minutes in the rest stop.

As for the next sync, that did not happen unitl 20:00 on Thursday after removing the tracker from the phones Bluetooth. 

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes