Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making clock faces & apps?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is making new clock faces and apps for Ionic something that Fitbit expects everyone to do? I am by no means a computer programmer or anything. Am I expected to be making my own software for my ionic?

Is Fitbit going to offer their own options for those of us that have no clue where to start in making our own apps? 

Should i I be returning my ionic since I do not know how to write software? 

Thinking of just going back to using my Fitbit One clip on LOL! 

Moderator edit: added label

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

No you are certainly not expected to be a programmer in order to own the ionic. There should soon be an app store with plenty of apps and clock faces.

Happy fitbiting!

Best Answer

@KarenLeah wrote:

Is making new clock faces and apps for Ionic something that Fitbit expects everyone to do? I am by no means a computer programmer or anything. Am I expected to be making my own software for my ionic?

Is Fitbit going to offer their own options for those of us that have no clue where to start in making our own apps? 

Should i I be returning my ionic since I do not know how to write software? 

Thinking of just going back to using my Fitbit One clip on LOL! 

Hi @KarenLeah,

The answers to your questions are: no, no, maybe, no.

If you know someone who is familiar with Javascript, it's no big deal to program. But it's not necessary--Fitbit will surely be coming out with more clocks.

Many people will be writing apps before long, so it's likely that anything you want in particular will be available. If not having apps today is making you distraught, you have the option of returning it. If you're patient, I believe you'll be rewarded.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes