Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather app setting Fahrenheit to Celsius

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can a setting be added to allow To change from Fahrenheit to Celsius. Otherwise this app is useless  to anyone not in America.... Like almost all of  them! 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
202 REPLIES 202

@Piñata200 Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for trying the steps provided for the weather to show in Celsius.

It is possible that your watch is not currently paired to your account. Can you tell? Do you see the picture of your watch when you tap on "Account" on the Fitbit app? If it doesn't show is because it is not paired.

To pair it, please follow these set up steps. Once you set it up/pair it will sync and once it syncs, the weather should show as Celsius.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I use miles & deg C

Not helpful 

Best Answer

Thanks for stopping by @Von-cs! Don't forget what I mentioned above, the temperature scale (Fahrenheit and Celsius) is determined based on what you have chosen for "Length Units" in your account settings. If you have this set to "Miles," temperature will display in Fahrenheit. If you have it set to "Kilometers," temperature will display in Celsius.

This option is being built and should be released in the next OS update for Fitbit Ionic and Versa. Please follow-up on this by checking this feature suggestion. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Hope this helps! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

No that does not help me at the moment. In the UK we use Miles & Deg C. I have absolutely no concept what 40deg F is. This renders that app completely useless - HOPEFULLY until the Next OS Update. 

Best Answer

Totally understand your post @Von-cs. As suggested in my previous post, this option is being built and should be released in the next OS update for Fitbit Ionic and Versa. Please follow-up on this by checking this feature suggestion

Please cast a vote for the idea and leave a comment to show support for it. 

Thanks for your feedback.  Let me know if there's anything else I may assist you with.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Hi, I'm in the US and I've changed my units as recommended to miles and feet however my temperature still reads Celsius. How can I change the temperature to Fahrenheit?

Best Answer

How do I change Celsius to fahrenheit on chare 3

Best Answer

My charge 3 is set to miles, ozs, and pounds but the weather temperature displays in Celsius/centigrade?

Best Answer

@Tinkerbritt @mbug1227 @Fitman1 Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for taking the time to post your experience on this thread regarding the temperature units.

By any chance, did you synced your devices once the changes were done? You need to sync your device for the changes to be effective.

I will also leave the steps on how to change the temperature unit here:

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap or click the Account icon > your device image.
  2. Tap or click Apps.
  3. Tap the gear icon next to Weather. You may need to scroll down to find the app.
  4. In the Temperature Unit section, tap Units and choose the unit you want to use.
  5. Sync your watch and then open the Weather app on your watch to see the updated units.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Thank you, that worked! My charge 3 is set to Imperial miles but I was getting Celsius temperatures, and I haven't a clue how to discern a Celsius temperature. I know it's not 27 degrees here in Chicago, it's 84 today. Thanks for the fix.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Nikki113, thanks for jumping in here and letting us know that the steps provided worked for you! Smiley Very Happy

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I changed my Charge 3 to ‘miles, feet’ and it did not change to Fahrenheit. How else can I change this!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My phone is fully synced too. What solution do you have for this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

My friend got a new fitbit charge and he cant change the temperature from Celsius to 
Farhenight.  He has it set on miles and feet already.  Help

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got a Charge 3 and changing units to miles did nothing for me. I was poking around and found that by tapping the Charge icon in the top left on the dashboard, then apps, then weather I was able to change to F. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back and following the tips and recommendations provided @Nicki_Fin@Kdohrms, and @meb307! Since you have Charge 3, let's try the following:

1. Open the Fitbit app.
  2. Tap the icon in the upper right corner to go to the account settings.
  3. Tap on Charge 3 in the list of devices.
  4. Tap on "Apps".
  5. Tap on the settings cog next to "Weather".
  6. The first thing listed should be "Temperature Unit", so tap on that row (where it says "Celsius")
  7. Tap on "Fahrenheit"
  8. Tap "Done"
  9. Tap "Back" in the upper left corner
  10. Tap "Charge 3" in the upper left corner
  11. Make sure your phone synced the new setting to your tracker by verifying the sync time is shortly before the current time. If not, you'll need to manually sync (scroll down and tap "Sync Now").
  12. Verify you see the temperature in Fahrenheit now.

Let me know if this helps! 

Best Answer

Hi, When I click on the weather settings I can only add a new city, there is no weather units setting.
I would like to change the weather to celsius.

Fitbit Versa.

Many thanks,

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 3 is set to Celsius on the weather app and I can’t see option to change it to Fahrenheit. Both apps on my phone are both set to Fahrenheit.

Best Answer

Thank you.  Finally worked.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for jumping in here @Oliviawhittle and @Smithgadgetguy! Make sure you have Location Services enabled on your phone. Once it is enabled, sync your tracker and check the Weather app. It should show your city as default.

Some apps, such as Weather, require All-Day Sync to be turned on for data to be sent from the Fitbit app to your watch:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon  > your device image.
  2. Find the option to turn on All-Day Sync.

To change the units used for the temperature in the Weather app:

1. Restart your Fitbit watch. 
  2. Open the Fitbit app and tap or click the Account icon > your device image.
  3. Tap or click Apps.
  4. Tap the gear icon next to Weather. You may need to scroll down to find the app.
  5. In the Temperature Unit section, tap Units and choose the unit you want to use.
  6. Sync your watch and then open the Weather app on your watch to see the updated units.

I'm glad to hear that it finally worked for you @NocariSmiley Very Happy 

Hope this helps, keep me in the loop! 

Best Answer
0 Votes