Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather app setting Fahrenheit to Celsius

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can a setting be added to allow To change from Fahrenheit to Celsius. Otherwise this app is useless  to anyone not in America.... Like almost all of  them! 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
202 REPLIES 202

I have my settings set to "miles" but yet my weather is showing in Celsius? I'd like Fahrenheit please!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks. Already done.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Versa units are in miles and yards, temp is in Celsius and I live in the USA.  Help.

Best Answer
On the main screen tap the fit bit logo on top left, tap the apps, tap weather on the right the settings wheel, switch Celsius to Fahrenheit, done!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

New to the Versa, and THANK YOU for the step by step... this was driving me nuts and your POST directed me right to where I needed to go and I am HAPPY to have found this and change the weather to what I needed. 

Best Answer

Thanks, did it.  Took a minute to realize I had to go to the Versa app on my phone, not my watch, but it worked perfectly.  thank you! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @mannaman7, thanks for jumping in here! Have you followed these steps?

1. Open the Fitbit app.
  2. Tap the icon in the upper right corner to go to the account settings.
  3. Tap on Charge 3 in the list of devices.
  4. Tap on "Apps".
  5. Tap on the settings cog next to "Weather".
  6. The first thing listed should be "Temperature Unit", so tap on that row (where it says "Celsius")
  7. Tap on "Fahrenheit"
  8. Tap "Done"
  9. Tap "Back" in the upper left corner
  10. Tap "Charge 3" in the upper left corner
  11. Make sure your phone synced the new setting to your tracker by verifying the sync time is shortly before the current time. If not, you'll need to manually sync (scroll down and tap "Sync Now").
  12. Verify you see the temperature in Fahrenheit now.

Glad to hear that you guys were able to set you Weather app as desired @Nocari@Mofitz5, and @JimPurtoWoman Wink Thanks a lot for your recommendations @Smithgadgetguy, they worked perfect. 

I'll be around if you guys need further assistance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

None of this is working for me, I'm still seeing the weather in fahrenheit and don't have the option to change it on the weather app...it's getting beyond a joke now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

All the posts with questions or solutions without referencing the device really don't help (Versa  / Icon / Charge3).. They are not the same & clearly do not have the same level of functionality or support from FitBit. 

I STILL can not get on to work on the Versa! Make it a very expensive pedometer as the other apps are useless or not supported in the UK. 

Apparently the TEMP/DISTANCE problem is resolved with the new HR3 - Great if you have that. 

Any solution for the Versa? 

Best Answer

Still won’t work on my Versa either! Very annoying as I was told back in May when I purchased it that there would soon be an update to correct the Celsius/Fahrenheit issue! 😞 

Best Answer

I believe the OS update for the Ionic/Versa fixes this issue. My friend has had the update and his weather app/settings are the same as the updated version on the Charge 3. I'm sure the update will roll out to everyone in due course. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

From Smith Gadget guy above:  go to the Fitbit application on your phone, and on the main screen you will see a picture of the Versa with the battery charge next to it.  then follow his instructions modified by me for clarity: "On the main screen of your Fitbit application on your phone tap the fit bit logo on top left, tap "apps", tap the settings wheel on the weather app (don't on the right the settings wheel) switch Celsius to Fahrenheit, done!  Or touch the weather app on the list of apps screen, tap settings, and change units.

Best Answer

@JimPurto Just to clarify that your mentioned procedure works only if you got the update to OS 2.2 that is still in roll-out so if you are on previous firmware, you will not have the mentioned setting.

Only think to do is to wait the update to reach your device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The temp is not changing from Celsius to Fahrenheit when changing the settings for units. Was working when first got watch, got an update now all messed up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi guys! My friend @Giampi71 is right. Versa/Ionic users still need to change their units to miles >Fahrenheit and kilometers>celsius for now. Since 2.2 is still only at 10%.

FITBIT OS 2.1 OR EARLIER

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > Advanced Settings > Units.
  2. In the Length section, select a different measurement. Centimeters, Kilometers corresponds with Celsius and Feet, Miles corresponds with Fahrenheit.
  3. Sync your watch and then open the Weather app on your watch to see the updated units.

FITBIT OS 2.2

1. Open the Fitbit app and tap or click the Account icon > your device image.
  2. Tap or click Apps.
  3. Tap the gear icon next to Weather. You may need to scroll down to find the app.
  4. In the Temperature Unit section, tap Units and choose the unit you want to use.
  5. Sync your watch and then open the Weather app on your watch to see the updated units.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes
This does not work. My

My weather app is reading Celsius and I'm in the US and need Fahrenheit.
This occured after the recent update.

Advanced Settings read as follows
Length - Feet, Miles
Weather app reading Celisus - Which is a error.

Thank you!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Do you have a Versa?  And are you going to the Versa App on your phone?  Not on the watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have the Versa.

I'm going to the app on my phone and through the app to advanced settings,
units, and the units for length read feet, miles. The weather app is
reading the temp in Celsius.

The weather app was reading Fahrenheit when I got it a few months ago, the
app had an update and all the sudden it changed for no reason. So not sure
if that update caused an issue.

Thank you!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the details provided @Angyp807! Did you recently updated your Versa? After updating to OS 2.2, some customers reported the weather app displays the temperature in Celsius. Just as you're describing .

When a customer updates to OS 2.2, users will now have a new temperature Units section in the weather app settings and it defaults to Celsius.

See How do I set up and troubleshoot apps on my Fitbit device? for instructions on configuring the new temperature Units (Celsius/Fahrenheit) section. 

Thanks for helping out @JimPurtoWoman Very Happy

Hope this helps! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my Versa today. I can't seem to change the weather app to Farenheit.  I have already set distance to miles, but I get Celsius instead of Farenheit on the weather part.  Help please.

Best Answer
0 Votes