Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weather app setting Fahrenheit to Celsius

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Can a setting be added to allow To change from Fahrenheit to Celsius. Otherwise this app is useless  to anyone not in America.... Like almost all of  them! 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
202 REPLIES 202
I received a email on how to change it to Fahrenheit.

The unit setting location has changed with the recent update that went
through in the last month. See the link below.

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2275/?q=how+do+I+set+up+and+troubleshoot&l=en_US...

The only thing I did was to go into the direction of the device / apps /
select weather settings button / temp unit with say celsius or Fahrenheit.
I then did a sync and it updated to the correct temperature. Hope this
helps, it did for me.
Best Answer
Oh, I can't thank you enough. It did work. 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm glad to hear you both were able to set your Weather @Kimrae2 and @Angyp807! What you got from support was what I recently posted hereWoman Wink

If you have any questions, let me know.

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
thank you so much!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the opposite problem. I have selected miles but the temp is Celsius. Guess someone heard the UK complaint....

Best Answer
0 Votes
I’m going to try to guide you through fixing it; as I was given the same issue with the weather part. Go onto your phone Fitbit app and click on the watch icon top left. Hopefully you have a similar phone format. When you click on the phone you will see an icon to click on apps. Click it. Scroll down till you see weather and click. Then settings and then unit you choose. Then sync and all is well again in the world. 😃
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is set to to feet and inches but shows Celsius 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for jumping in here @Crakky! Have you tried and checked what @Kimrae2 shared with you? Woman Very Happy

Welcome on board @TroyLandry! As I mentioned here, I'd like to know if you've recently updated your Fitbit to OS 2.2? Some customers reported the weather app displays the temperature in Celsius. Just as you're describing .

When a customer updates to OS 2.2, users will now have a new temperature Units section in the weather app settings and it defaults to Celsius.

See How do I set up and troubleshoot apps on my Fitbit device? for instructions on configuring the new temperature Units (Celsius/Fahrenheit) section. 

Give this a go and let me know the outcome! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is not true. Mine is set to miles and it shows Celsius. How can I change it to Fahrenheit?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@chrissyb609 It's likely because you belong to that 10% who received the update to OS 2.2 on your device. 

As @MarreFitbit clearly wrote in her post please follow the instruction at

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2275/?q=how+do+I+set+up+and+troubleshoot&l=en_US...

Best Answer

My settings are set for mile and weather is still showing in Celsius.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for jumping in here @chrissyb609. Please what @Giampi71 said here (thanks for your back up on this one). Smiley Very Happy

Welcome @Aloof! Do you have an Ionic or Versa? Did you recently updated it? If so, please keep in mind what I've been posting along this thread. 

After updating to OS 2.2, users will now have a new temperature Units section in the weather app settings and it defaults to Celsius. So, you need to manually change it.

See How do I set up and troubleshoot apps on my Fitbit device? for instructions on configuring the new temperature Units (Celsius/Fahrenheit) section. 

Hope this clarifies your inquiries guys, let us know if you need further assistance! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Bad news. I received mine today and I'm facing this issue as well. I'm stuck in Celsius. We use Fahrenheit and I've updated the settings like 10 times today, synced, and the weather app is still using Celsius somehow.

Just for the record, these are the current settings:

-Feet / Miles checked

-Pounds checked

-Fluid Ounces (oz)

-Yard

Any help will be appreciated.

Update: 

Solved. But first, let me tell you how surprised I am. Coming from you guys from inside this didn't work out or this response is outdated and needs to be removed or updated.

-Click top left corner on your Versa

-Select Apps

-Select Weather and select the Units that you prefer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @Mister.J, thanks for jumping in here! As I shared above, after updating to OS 2.2, users will now have a new temperature Units section in the weather app settings and it defaults to Celsius. So, you need to manually change it. For instructions on configuring the new temperature Units (Celsius/Fahrenheit) section click here

I'm glad to hear you could sort this out! Man Very Happy

I'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My advanced settings are set to miles as well as all other measurements to American measurements but it still says Celsius instead of Fahrenheit. Any thoughts on how I can fix it? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @LYDF! As I just mentioned above, you need to manually change it. For instructions on configuring the new temperature Units (Celsius/Fahrenheit) section click here

I'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m in the US with a new Charge 3, set to miles and I get temps in Celsius.  No way to change this that I can see.  Need a update from the FitBit team. 

Best Answer
None of those helped but I did finally learn I could Open the app directly in the app sections and change from Celsius two Fahrenheit there.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have my units set to mile but my weather still set to celcius.  How can I change it to farenheit? And when I try to check my messages it always says I'm caught up. Is there a way to get my texts? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1. Open Fitbit App
2. Upper Left corner click on your device
3. Select Apps
4. Select Weather
5. Select Settings
6. Select Fahrenheit / Celsius

Go all the way back and sync your device. That should do the trick.
Best Answer